• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding the threads on weapons handling

Regarding the threads on weapons handling

• FALSE DICHOTOMY YOU BASTARD (Both)

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Asshole

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Right

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • You are both wrong and not an asshole.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Magical Brownies?

Votes: 43 42.6%

• Total voters

[CiA]Stiletto

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
I dunno where this goes, maybe it's even just begging for a lock, but here goes...

Before you suggest something radically different regarding weapons handling, please think about whether or not you can do it in real life with a real firearm.

No, paintball guns, airsoft guns, etc. do not count. The fact that in airsoft wars a full-auto G3 mockup is used as a machine gun should be enough to trip red flags in your logic centers (they're supposed to be in your frontal lobes, please see a neurologist if you can't find them).

Try sprinting and cycling the bolt on a full-length military style bolt-action rifle at the same. If you drop it, I'll cry, because old milsurp rifles don't deserve that kind of abuse after serving their time.

Don't make me cry by trying it, because you probably will. Unless you have the bayonet on, in which case I will cackle wildly as you stab yourself through the <appendage>.

On automatic weapons: try renting one at a range (in the US, look for Class III ranges, they'll often have SMGs you can rent) and firing it from the shoulder, using the sights. See what your patterns look like. Yes, patterns, because unless you are damn good, you're not going to get a "group" firing in bursts longer than a few rounds. Now try firing it from the hip, "walking" impacts into the target by watching the dust kicked up from impacts—if you get even a quarter of your rounds into a full-size silhouette at ten yards, I will teach you my ninja ways of destroying panties with my mind.

It's not going to happen. And I don't actually have ninja ways of destroying panties with my mind that I can teach you—it's hereditary, sucks if you're not azn like me.

So please, quit bitching about how using weapons is "hard" in the game. Maybe a select few of you are actually capable of accuracy beyond the mechanical limits of the weapons in game—and for a select few of that select few, not from a benchrest with a scope after Zen meditative exercises to bring down your pulse rate. For the rest of you, take my word for it: hitting **** in RO is a hell of a lot easier (hipped or shouldered, and definitely moving) than it is in real life.

Hyperion2010 said:
I totally just realized there was no option for "wrong" :D.
Cookie.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I beg to differ with you about iron sighting a PPSH. I had the pleasure of firing a full auto with a stick magazine in Georgia last summer. That baby purred and kicked less than both the Thompson smg, and MP5 that I shot that day. Plus, you barely pressed that trigger and you shot a 3 to 5 round burst. Compared to the game version which kicks about ten feet above a target after one to two rounds. The PPSH is not realistic in this game. I can safely say it from my experience with the real McCoy.

Upvote 0
Molnies said:
A bit off topic but still...
What I want to know is, is it possible to shoot a gun like the StG44 in prone position? I've fired rifles while prone, but I've never fired any SMG or other firearms with a vertical magazine - so can someone just tell me if it's possible the way it is in the game?
Sure, it's completely possible, though it's advantageous to have something to rest it on. Personally, my hit rate with the M16A2 is way higher when firing from a fighting position (i.e., chest-high trench w/sandbags), while in the prone unsupported position it's a totally different matter.

Upvote 0
Molnies said:
I agree with you Stiletto, a very good post!

A bit off topic but still...
What I want to know is, is it possible to shoot a gun like the StG44 in prone position? I've fired rifles while prone, but I've never fired any SMG or other firearms with a vertical magazine - so can someone just tell me if it's possible the way it is in the game?

Sure it is. Even easier because you can support your weapon by the magazine on the ground, unless the StG is prone to jamming when pressure is applied on it, or the magazine is moved. But with modern assault rifles it is yes.

Upvote 0