• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone tried to play it on a LAN yet?

I played a 3(real) v 3bots at a local cafe thing on an all nighter to see what it was like.. not sure if I like the game, but it did work on the lan. These PC's were connected to the net and you did need to open steam to open RO. I don't know if it needs to be connected to the net to open the steam thing.

Upvote 0
you always need to launch the games through steam irregardles of whether you are online or not,

for lan you simply start in offline mode if you don't have internet connectivity.

you can still lan on steam games even if you are on the internet generally creating a game in steam will be lan because it only accepts dedicated servers as hosts, not sure about RO though

Upvote 0
trillex said:
Steam got some odd problems with "Offline play" but no one at Valve agrees and say that it's working as intented. But it isn't.

Totally agree.
We had huge problems on our last LAN party (ask Sasquatch).
Thing is Steam is very unstable when played offline. We had to make connection to the internet on totally irregular moments. Clients which were perfectly validated 5 minutes before refusing to work etc etc etc.

Valve has a serious problem with offline mode and so all RO players might have a problem on LAN-parties without inet connection. Make sure there is a connection or you'r in serious trouble.

Don't say I didn't warn ya folks :D

Monk.

Upvote 0