• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No more RO.

SimFreak

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
Chino, CA.
This is just too frustrating. This influx of new players just destroys game for me right now. New players have tactical sense of a cow. Actually no, a cow has more tactics sense than them. After playing just two maps and seeing case after case of pure stupidity, I will let time to teach new players of proper tactics.

Here are few instances of n00bish stupidity.

(Railroad map)

MG has setup up near doorway behind blasted door. No nade can reach him, yet MGer has a clear view of entrance. The cow would probably stay away from that entrance after watching first friendly full of yellow tracers drop dead. But n00bs rush forward and die in process; wave after wave they just keep coming. One of the n00bs tried to use nade, but it ended up balancing back and killing three friendly soldiers. Only after MGer expended his ammo, and threw two nades, killing 4-5 soldiers in the process, only then n00bs decide to stop using entrance.

After pushing Germans back, we clear a way towards rail road yard. There is a wall begging to be blown. But all sappers are playing with themselves. After 10 minutes of waiting for sapper to finish jerking off, one of them finally decides to show up. All n00bs rush towards that wall and hug all of the crates. Half of them get killed by the sniper fire, but miraculously sapper drops his load before catching 8mm. The rest of n00bs get killed by demolition charge.

(Berlin map with two tanks for allies)

I’m in a T34 suppressing any enemy movement. Our team slowly but surely moving forward. I have not died yet with score of over 50 kills. After engaging Tiger three times, I’m still alive and Tiger is not. All the sudden, a player named ‘RO Player’ jumps into my tank and starts driving. I press 5 to stop. No response. I keep smashing 5, nothing. Sensing death, I jump out of the tank as n00b drives deep into enemy territory and quickly dies.
(After jumping from a tank, a friendly shoots me while standing 5 meters away…. )
Sigh….
(edit...miss-spells)

Last edited:
ive had that happen to me in the mod before but in a halftrack.i had the flaps open or whatever and im driving away cause there is no one else around but then someone spawned starts shooting the halftrack to get me to stop.this idiot is on the side firing his mp40 on full auto and i guess a bullet came throught the side window and killed me. i think people should say to stop and not shoot the damn vehicles

Upvote 0
RO is very different than what people are used to, and it's meant to be played multiplayer, playing against bots will give you some hints on map layout and objectives, but for the teamwork they need to learn on servers.

Please be patient with the new players. They need to play online to really get good, bare with them a bit. It would be nice if we had some servers dedicated to noobs, i know its been requested, i'll look into seeing if we can make it happen.

Upvote 0
I had to register to reply....

Pricks like you make me sick! You were a noob once and seem to have forgotten where you came from. Boofuckinghoo....join a clan and quit pubbin' then. These forums take noob bashing to new limits.

I just dropped a few games due to people like this. I hate grouping or teaming, depending on the game I'm playing, to find self centered assholes like this deeming themselves "leader", then bashing on everyone because of mistakes or whatnot. People like you freak up games in all honesty! Opinions like yours show that you've lost all sense of enjoyment for the game and take it WAY to serious. There are plenty like you unfortunately and it's pretty pathetic to say the least!

As a former clan leader going back to the CoD days, it was a pleasure taking a "noob" in, showing him/her the ropes and helping that individual grow to be a top notch player. Some cut it and others didn't. The challenge was satisfying nonetheless. Most important was Team Concept. The hardest of skills to master. You obviously have no clue what that means.

Freaking pubbin' and bitching like this is pathetic! And then to bring on the subject like he discovered something new! Look here Christopher Columbus....if we wanted any lip from you, we'd have asked you to pull your pants down!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not a noob thing, but a real jerk thing is having "RO-Player" come up to you while you're in combat, actively engaging the eney, and deliberately buttstroke you IN THE HAND to knock your weapon out. Not once, not twice, but EVERY time he spawns and you (or anyone else) is nearby.

People like this are rapidly ruining many of the servers out there. Along with those who think dropping the F-bomb every other word is acceptable. Or the moron who keeps spamming "OWNED!" in voice chat every time he kills someone.

Goddamn juvenile assholes, the lot. I have NO tolerance left with any of it. Thanks for ruining a great game.

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
was it in just that one match or is it every match and server you play in ppl yell at you?
It's not every game and/or server. But it's enough to be discouraging for new comers. Occasionaly, you'll find the patient soldier that will take you under his wing or a "hold my belt loop" run. That's what I'm used to and I'm probably expecting to much to begin with when I look for these types.

I hope to one day offer my belt loop to new comers because this game really needs that type of cooperation. I agree that joining a clan or playing with peeps you know is probably going to be your best scenario in this type of game. I just don't know many people that play it right now....I'm sure that will change soon though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0