• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Grenades

Its a ok guide, but you are wrong on the tanks. I was playing 1 vs 1 to day on Koningplats and there was a guy in the tank. So i flanked him and got up on his rear. I tossed 2 gernades. One hit becide him, and the next one went behind the turrent and it sounded like it sliped into the inside. So the 1st nade goes BOOM and he starts looking arround. Then the next one made him explode.

Upvote 0
Offcourse in ww2 some people use cooking, but that would me more 1 out of 20 then ingame where almost everybody uses it. So i would say dont use cooking at all, or make it really dangerous.
Actually, in the US military cooking grenade training taught from the beginning, in basic training. It's a real-world tactic that is very effective.

In not just WWII, but other conflicts it was a very common practice in clearing bunkers, pill-boxes, fox holes, rat tunnels and MG nests. If the greandes were not cooked, that gave the enemy time to run or throw it back. (very risky)

Now, that being said- it doesn't mean I like the UO version of the suicide bombers- pull the pin and run into 2 or 3 enemy.

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me how to throw them further?
Ive seen some people throw them quite far but i cant seem to get them to go as far.
In mohaa you would jump then throw as you landed, in cod it was jump-n-throw before you got to half way up.
If you see what i mean.
But thats a great guide - thanks.

Upvote 0
Parrot said:
Actually, in the US military cooking grenade training taught from the beginning, in basic training. It's a real-world tactic that is very effective.

In not just WWII, but other conflicts it was a very common practice in clearing bunkers, pill-boxes, fox holes, rat tunnels and MG nests. If the greandes were not cooked, that gave the enemy time to run or throw it back. (very risky)

Now, that being said- it doesn't mean I like the UO version of the suicide bombers- pull the pin and run into 2 or 3 enemy.

no disrespect but the u.s army or for any sane army? will not teach the troops to cook their nades. you will lose hands if you are lucky. who wants a handless army ffs... mind you maybe the us army is clueless and handless lol
no disrespect meant m8 but her majestys army taught me to pull it and throw it.. make of that what you want

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes there is a bug right now with the grenades as you can see in the other posts. basically if you pull the pin and throw the grenade you have a 4-5 second delay before it blows up. then the next grenade try to pull the pin and hold it and it blows up in your hand everytime in 1-2 seconds.....

this is fact and it is a bug. I can't believe they let this one pass I figured it out the very first time i tried to cook a grenade.

this happens with the satchels and the russian and german grenades and as far as I am concerned this is the biggest bug in the game right now but 80% of the people have no idea because they never played the mod or just havent noticed it yet.

Upvote 0
snake byte.. said:
no disrespect but the u.s army or for any sane army? will not teach the troops to cook their nades. you will lose hands if you are lucky. who wants a handless army ffs... mind you maybe the us army is clueless and handless lol
no disrespect meant m8 but her majestys army taught me to pull it and throw it.. make of that what you want

Actually the US Army teaches the same thing. There maybe some unofficial training about how to cook nades but I'm not aware of it. The official training is to pull the pin and throw it because nade fuses are not exact. To keep the enemy from picking it up and throwing it back you try to bank it off of walls and such so it's bouncing around and moving so the enemy can't grab it. Then either they're flushed out and you can shoot them or the nade blows up and they're dead.

Upvote 0