• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics being commander calling artillery

How do you cancel an artillery strike?

Ive been kicked from servers for killing people that I can see walking into an arty zone. They walk right into artillery I place to keep the other side from having an approach to cap a point (so our guys can cap it) dispite the fact that shells are raining down right in front of them. Also, I dont have much use for the other 40 shells in the barrage after the 3th one took out my target.

Upvote 0
anti said:
Arty is best used to hit an area after you have captured it and your side is on the way to another cap.

This way the the rounds are stopping an enemy re taking the position.

Really the best use is to place it to block an enemy's ROUTE to an objective. This way you can go in and cap while the barrage is ongoing. Most objectives have enough cover that placing arty directly on them is folly..you just kill anyone going into the objective, and many times that's your own side.

Upvote 0
Dabnorfish said:
Here's a word of advice for people... when an officer tells you where arty is about to strike, stay out of that grid... Got kicked from a server recently because of people not listening and getting too many TKs :(

Of course, the flipside is to be sure to warn your teamates when you call in an artillery strike!!! Don't be afraid to use your mike.

Felix Ostheim said:
My experience thus far has been that only the one who gets the coords. can call for the strike :/
According to the manual: "...once the leader has plotted the artillery strike, any other player can call it in from a radio." Although I've never been able to get this to work either.

Upvote 0