• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request for a refund.

Devourer said:
I would say there are more amateurs/noobs using Zone Alarm (needlessly) then there are amateur game Devs around here. This "I can't play this game" BS is more then likely a problem between the keyboard & chair issue. Refunds should never be given back to these sorts.
Never heared such a bull**** before. :D
Sorry, I expect working software for my money, cause I am NOT a BETA tester. They got paid for their job ... If someone tells me, well, if you want to play this game, you have to uninstall your firewall before or change your system configuratiuon, I call this person an idiot. Sorry, but thats the way it is ...

Upvote 0
Putzer said:
Sorry, I expect working software for my money, cause I am NOT a BETA tester. They got paid for their job ... If someone tells me, well, if you want to play this game, you have to uninstall your firewall before or change your system configuratiuon, I call this person an idiot. Sorry, but thats the way it is ...
Then go look in the mirror & start calling the person you see in the mirror an idiot. You have a very long way to go in learning about PC's & software if you think all software work well together.

Personally I couldn't care less if you get to play this game or not & to be honest (after knowing your attitude) I hope you don't. What this boils down to at the moment is would you rather play RO or have ZA running & continually pissing you off?

Food for thought. The very essence of insanity is doing the same thing over & over & expecting a different outcome. So, till Tripwire sort this out you can keep pissing/moaning or you can just turn off useless ZA while you play RO:O. Personally I hope you leave ZA running & not filth up the net play.

Upvote 0
Putzer said:

Well Zonealarm is notorious for producing Problems, might not have affected you up to know, but its a know Cause of Problems for Steam.

And still this Thread is on the wrong Boards, since if there is someone who could give out Refunds, that would be Valve...

Upvote 0
Guys

I understand that you are having problems, and there are also a lot of players that don't have problems, but please give eachother some breathing room, do not call each other names and do not flame, this will not be tolereated.

People have a reason to be upset if their game won't work and I'm sure that the team is working hard to solve as much problems as they can.

so once again behave and keep the discussion civil otherwise we will have to close threads.

o and btw, alpha and beta testers are not being paid at TW, so don't blame them ;)

Upvote 0
Devourer said:
You have a very long way to go in learning about PC's & software if you think all software work well together.
I don't think so. But I have much experience as IBM security consultant. For that reason I know very well what happens if you turn off your firewall to get incompatible software running. What kind of "workaround" to get this crap running comes next: Uninstall your anitivirus software? Give network access to everyone? Would you drive a car without brakes? And to answer your question: If I have only the choice to play the game or having a secure system, I would prefer the last option.

Back to the topic of this thread. I don't care who is responsible for refunding the money, but I guess it's Steam.

Upvote 0
Putzer said:
But I have much experience as IBM security consultant.
HAH!I don't believe that for a second. based on everything you've posted thus far in this thread. But I am glad to see you are sticking to your guns. You may now stop posting in this forum. YOu have a very simple temporary workaround & refuse to use it. You'll not be getting a refund from Steam now. Good day sir.

Upvote 0
Putzer said:
Maybe stupid question but the game I downloaded and you and anyone else is same,right.How come I don't have any problems and you do?Maybe it's more then just game in fault

Upvote 0
Everyone stop the slanging match please. There's no need for everyone to start throwing things at each other. As stated elsewhere on these boards, we are addressing these issues - including trying to nail down the problem with ZA themselves. Some issues will take longer than others to fix. We'd politely suggest that anyone with issues hang tight while we look for the source of the problems.

Now - be nice to each other!

Upvote 0
I just want to say that this game loaded the first time I tried. Before doing anything, I set the graphics to highest and switched audio to H/W 3D+EAX. I have motion blur and HDRL on as well.

The game worked perfectly.

The gameplay is just how I remember it with better graphics (the only reason I quit playing the mod was lack of populated servers). Now, there are populated servers and I am a n00b again, but it is a blast.

Not frenetic action, but careful, cautions gameplay as if I might actually get shot.

Great job, RO team! Well worth the 25 bucks (which I paid as much for my previous enjoyment of the mod as for the license to play the retail).

Abit NF7-S
AMD XP 2800+ (oc'd to 2.2 GHz)
2 Gb RAM
Nvidia 6800 GT 256Mb DDR AGP (8198 driver)

Upvote 0
maconha said:
As of this my lawyer is reading this thread.

LOL

As for refunds...you really should have read the EULA if you were worried about problems with the game. Software is released with bugs all the time, patches are the solution and most software is patched for bugs...and with Steam it's a simple process so take the developers word for it: they are working on it! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Genuine RO fan

Genuine RO fan

Patience is such an underated virtue.

I can play multiplayer - but practice mode hangs on me.

But I'm happy. Once the initial lag settles, or you find a real low ping, the game is very smooth and great fun. Love popping my head up in the tanks!

Better connection quality than FH on BF42

My PC is 3yrs old P4 2.4 512RAM (!) with avg and microsoft antispyware

Upvote 0