• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Movement too slow

Now I want to start by saying that I love the realism that was put into the game, however, when I move around it feels like I'm moving too slow,

when I run forward it's like wading through hip deep mud. I dont mean sprinting, I noticed in the control section that I can set up a key for to walk, so I assume that the character is running the entire time.

You can really feel the speed difference when you go from playing "other" WWII games to this one,

The character is "jogging" by default when you move, not sprinting (seperate key) or walking (also seperate).

Its not like other games for a reason ;) Perhaps they are the ones doing it wrong by having people move too fast, not RO moving too slow :D

But either way, the speed is the way it is by intent and a lot more realistic than some WW2 arcadey shooters ive played where you seem to move at Jesse Owens sprintspeed by default - just sometimes takes a while to get used to it.

Upvote 0
Ford_Prefect said:
Now I want to start by saying that I love the realism that was put into the game, however, when I move around it feels like I'm moving too slow,

when I run forward it's like wading through hip deep mud. I dont mean sprinting, I noticed in the control section that I can set up a key for to walk, so I assume that the character is running the entire time.

You can really feel the speed difference when you go from playing "other" WWII games to this one,

I actually find it refreashing and realistic, if you want to see where im coming from next time your walking cross country you throw on big boots winter clothes and a backpack not to mention a gun and amunition you'll find you dont move too quickly, its there to discourage unrealistic run and tactics dont worry you'll get used to it.

Upvote 0
Ron said:
I actually find it refreashing and realistic, if you want to see where im coming from next time your walking cross country you throw on big boots winter clothes and a backpack not to mention a gun and amunition you'll find you dont move too quickly, its there to discourage unrealistic run and tactics dont worry you'll get used to it.
Well, I do WWII reenactments, SO yes I KNOW what it is like to wear the gear and run around all day.

The jogging is to slow in the game, it isnt "realistic". soldiers can jog faster than they do in the game.

I not saying make the guys run as fast as they do in DoD, just make them jog alittle faster then they do now.

I DO like the game, I just played it for 2 hours, I just wish it didnt feel like wading through mud when I jog.

And Yes I do Sprint whenever possible.

Upvote 0
Ford_Prefect said:
Well, I do WWII reenactments, SO yes I KNOW what it is like to wear the gear and run around all day.

The jogging is to slow in the game, it isnt "realistic". soldiers can jog faster than they do in the game.

I not saying make the guys run as fast as they do in DoD, just make them jog alittle faster then they do now.

I DO like the game, I just played it for 2 hours, I just wish it didnt feel like wading through mud when I jog.

And Yes I do Sprint whenever possible.
Difference being, you run around for one day, go home, eat a good meal, sleep in a bed, mabey watch some T.V... A typical WW2 ostfront day would be: scrounge for a tiny bit of food, oh crap didnt find any...... have no water, to much friggin stuff to pack around, soles of my boots are worn out... no place to sleep, friends dying every day.. you know, it just seems a bit harder for the actual soldier...

Upvote 0
[RWTD]Ghost[BCthc] said:
Difference being, you run around for one day, go home, eat a good meal, sleep in a bed, mabey watch some T.V... A typical WW2 ostfront day would be: scrounge for a tiny bit of food, oh crap didnt find any...... have no water, to much friggin stuff to pack around, soles of my boots are worn out... no place to sleep, friends dying every day.. you know, it just seems a bit harder for the actual soldier...

Well, they would keep moving to prevent from, oh I dont know, DYING!

you'd be surprised at what those guys did under such pressure.

For example:

On Omaha beach, Getting to shore was very straining. Alot of guys were worn out when they reached the beach. and yet, we took the beach.

The Rangers that were at Point Du Hoc had to clime the cliffs, no simple feat, exhausted when they reached the top, they still had enough strength to push the Germans back.

Yea I know my examples are of Americans, but the Germans recieved just as well training, and they were in just as good shape as the Americans.

Upvote 0