• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO critical error

pup said:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2011 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

At least a few of us are getting the same error and it looks like its AMD specific
How many of you guys with the above error message are running AMD 64

Upvote 0
it would be nice if someone with authority would at least say they recognised this error and something is being done about it......its getting to the point where I will want my money back through principal.If you got sold something in the high street which didnt work you could go back and get a replacement that did straight away.........they all told me steam was the way forward.........yeah right:-(The game was obviously not ready for release.....there are a LOT of errors and bugs.I have bought a lot of games that have not required patches for months after release,and the patches which do come for those are often just to improve game play or performance.....not to remedy errors.Is this error being worked on or what??

Upvote 0
IvanTheFool said:
Yay, got my copy fixed. I think the preload of it mustve sent me something wrong. But I went through steam and uninstalled it, then went and deleted the RO folder. restarted steam, reinstalled, and boom.. starts right up.
Its a long download again, but hey, hope it works for some of you.

Tried that... didn't work. I'm also at the point of being HIGHLY frustated. So far I have tried the following:

No Windows Firewall
Delete .ini files
Delete RO folder
Delete and reinstall steam and RO
delete steam related dlls
uninstalled Java

And it still does the same spectacular crash....

If anyone has a hint, please PM me or if you are a dev and need more information, please e-mail me.

Upvote 0
TommyToughGuy said:
Tried that... didn't work. I'm also at the point of being HIGHLY frustated. So far I have tried the following:

No Windows Firewall
Delete .ini files
Delete RO folder
Delete and reinstall steam and RO
delete steam related dlls
uninstalled Java

And it still does the same spectacular crash....

If anyone has a hint, please PM me or if you are a dev and need more information, please e-mail me.

I'm still in the same boat as you, Tommy. Frustrating BEYOND BELIEF.

Upvote 0
If you guys would read the other threads, we are paying attentiuon to all this. We are currently in IRC helping people in real time. Hell, who can keep up with the forums right now.

We are acknowledging your prob and are working on it. So can I look or should I stay here to post to every new topic?

Upvote 0
And what about those of us that have jobs and such, who don't have time to sit at the computer for hours on IRC? It's not unreasonable to expect play when the game is released. I've seen and played my share of buggy games (EA anyone?), but never on this scale. We can't even open the game. It's simply ridiculous, and frankly the only reason I am not going to ask for a refund is because (as far as I know) refunds for products bought over steam are not offered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I totally agree with you unclejimbo,I work full time also....the only reason I have spent so much time trying to sort this is because i am on holiday!It is ridiculous,and it certainly doesnt make steam look very good.Hopefully they will sort it soon,but even when they do there has to be some serious lessons learned I think.

Upvote 0
daveyboy123 said:
I totally agree with you unclejimbo,I work full time also....the only reason I have spent so much time trying to sort this is because i am on holiday!It is ridiculous,and it certainly doesnt make steam look very good.Hopefully they will sort it soon,but even when they do there has to be some serious lessons learned I think.
Try this:

We found a temporary fix. for the 'can't find file 'ok' and possibly the Video/No Video error

Add -applaunch 1200 127.0.0.1:775 to the end of your steam target location.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 127.0.0.1:775

It should open up a connecting screen, then press f10 to cancel pending connection and it brings you to the menu screen. If some people could confirm this it would be appreciated:)

Upvote 0