• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I uninstalled ZoneAlarm to get past the hard resets. Now I get another error message - see below:

I've tried deleting my clientregistry.blob file but this does not help.

****PROBLEM FIXED**** - deleting the steamapps/userid/red orchestra folder as well as the clientregistry.blob file fixed this.

This, plus having to uninstall ZoneAlarm before even being able to launch the game - very disappointing. Not what I'd expected from TW at all.

Here's my error message:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2801 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6575)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:
Upvote 0
critical error

critical error

have no idea how to fix this haven't seen it yet (burningalive is my steam name)

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2415 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (8198)
Failed to enter burningalive: Can't find file 'burningalive'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

please help i really want to play this game

Upvote 0
Giving full permissions in Zonealarm would not help the BSod's for me, which was a "Page fault in nonpaged area" pointing to vsdatant.sys.

Uninstalling ZA allowed me to start, and at least get to the menu. I will see how far I can get in game.

BTW, if its a common problem we are all having I wouldn't worry about the fix, they will surely come soon. So relax guys!

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm going to state the details i think are important, If someone has an anwser for me, can you please PM me, thanks in advance.

+ I run Norton Internet Security
+ I run Windows XP
+ I have firewalls but they all allow Steam/HL2 and all the other Valve programs
+ And i'm dieing to play RO...

Please, don't ignore me if you know the problem.

Attachments

• stoopid.jpg
    stoopid.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crit Error

Crit Error

When I try to launch RO this error comes up. I have tried everything from updating, deleting local content and then updating, deleting user.ini and clientregistry.blob and Redorchestra.ini, uninstalling steam all together then reinstalling, uninstalling Norton Antivirus, updated video card drivers. The error will not go away and just closes out the game from launching.

ROerror.JPG

Uninitialized: Log file open, 03/15/06 00:04:00
Uninitialized: STEAMAUTH : SteamStartup successful
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Mar 13 2006 12:03:03
Init: Command line: ok
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\******\red orchestra\System\
Init: Ini:RedOrchestra.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Localization: No localization: RedOrchestra.General.Start (int)
Log: ati2dvag.dll/ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 Series
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 8.224000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: ok?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_Hee r1?team=1?Sex=M
Warning: Failed to load 'ok': Can't find file 'ok'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'ok'
Critical: Failed to enter ok: Can't find file 'ok'
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 73 MByte 291 KByte 579 Bytes from HD took 14.482933 seconds (14.411933 reading, 0.071000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.155000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/15/06 00:04:29

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi i got RO from steam yesterday, i didn't ran since got it. this is what i tried. downloaded, verified, turned off firewall, redownloaded, verified, and turned off firewall again, and now im redownloading again. The problem is it just won't boot on my pc, i get the pop up preparing to launch and I'm staying in windows and I cant trace it in the process window. I tried everything you guys posted and still no go. I use win xp 64 on a amd 64 3500 @ 2.2 ghz i have 1 G of ram and a nvidea Gforce 6600 and im currently using avg 7.1 anti virus. please assist cuzz i'm dying to play.

Greetz, John

Upvote 0
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1810 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (8195)
Failed to enter wadedidit: Can't find file 'wadedidit'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

My username is wadedidit.

Man I am pissed, this is crap, I have been waiting for ages for this.

Lift your game, I have seen no replies to this error and there have been no responses...

Upvote 0
I just uninstalled ZA and am now getting this error:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3202 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 SERIES (6561)
General protection fault!
History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any Ideas?

Upvote 0
asi ive mentioned in other places on the forum thought I would mention it here as well...

I get another type of problem...

conneting and seeing servers in the list is fine...its actually staying connected that I have a problem with....

I can connect and play on as erver for about 5 minutes or so and then my screen goes blank and it puts my monitor on stand by....

ay fixes for this yet?

ive tryed:

stopping avg from running
disabling my winxp firewall
deleting my ro folder
deleting my ro.bb file or wotever that file is called again
setting grahics settings to low
validing cache
playing on practicse which still crashes anyway.

my spec is

P4 3.4 HT
geforce 7800gs
2gb 400 DDR ram
200 GB X 2 HDD

many thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Stanislav said:
Another member said this worked for him. You might try giving it a go.

Close Steam
Delete your SteamApps\[email protected]\Red Orchestra folder
Delete your Steam\ClientRegistry.blob file
Load Steam
Verifying the Red Orchestra cache
Run Red Orchestra

Also allow Red Orchestra access to the internet through your firewall.

:mad: :(

I've gone through all of these steps and still no resuslts! Damn it Tripwire.:(

EDIT: OK I either get the runtime error or this one....

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1811 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.6.75a) (6575)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

EDIT 2: And I have tried deleting both the user.ini and the RedOrchestra.ini file.....still left in the dark. Please help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right now I have spent the last 6 hours uninstalling and reinstalling various programmes, reading all of the posts in this forum and in the steampowered.com forums and still I get error messages. I run CS:S and DOD:S and HL2 no problems.

To say I am p***ed off is a bit of an understatement tbh, I am sick to death of buying unfinished, beta games.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW

Upvote 0
Rushman said:
Right now I have spent the last 6 hours uninstalling and reinstalling various programmes, reading all of the posts in this forum and in the steampowered.com forums and still I get error messages. I run CS:S and DOD:S and HL2 no problems.

To say I am p***ed off is a bit of an understatement tbh, I am sick to death of buying unfinished, beta games.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW

Same here man. Im pretty pissed right now. I've been dying to play this game for months now! And now that its here, I cant. I did my part by paying up, but there are a bunch of people that need help with these errors right now.:mad:

Upvote 0
I BSOD every time I start RO:Ost.

However, I got to play it once after giving RedOrchestra.exe access to do anything it wants in Zone Alarm. But then I couldn't get on any servers because of game incompatibility issues. Came here to find a solution for that issue and then couldn't start RO:Ost anymore woithout BSOD'ing. :(

Win XP Home (Up to date)
Intell processor 3.0 GHz
ASUS P4P 800 Deluxe
ATI 9600 XT (driver: Catalyst version 05.9)
1 Gig of dual channel memory
ZoneAlarm version 6.1.737.000 (the free one)

Oh man, this sucks so bad! RO (the mod) never had any issues.
I feel so sorry for myself and for the dev. team! I hope they can find a solution for these problems real soon. :(

caput

Edit: Forgot this: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response...1136ca4&SID=10

Upvote 0
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2402 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: No Video
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

this text appear when i am launching RO. What is the solution?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.