• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible UBER Zone Alarm FIX!

Byte Me

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Virginia, USA
I HAVE FOUND THE FIX! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO UNINSTALL Zone Alarm! Open ZA, go to program tab then to program control and add the RO executable (steamapps/RO/system), set it to super trusted (3 green bars) and allow server access. Then send ZA to tray and launch RO, after a min it will load AND YOU CAN PLAY!

I know you guys don't want to have to uninstall Zonealarm. But first thing I would do is uninstall it and then see if that fixes the problem. It may, or may not be zonealarm that is the problem for everyone, and you should make sure it is that. You can always download it and install it again in about 5 mins.

Upvote 0
These are the EXACT option I have for it:

SmartDefence: custom
Trust Level: Highest (3 green bars)
Access (trusted and internet): Check
Server (trusted and internet): check
Send mail: question mark

Do be sure you have the right .exe though, im afraid i wasnt entirely specific on which one it was. It is in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\My Folder\Steam\SteamApps\SteamUser\red orchestra\System. EDIT: just worry about the steam part (my folder obviously isnt on everyones desktop)

Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
These are the EXACT option I have for it:

SmartDefence: custom
Trust Level: Highest (3 green bars)
Access (trusted and internet): Check
Server (trusted and internet): check
Send mail: question mark
I don't have a tab to go into options,advanced options or anything like that i simply have the list of programs and next to RO.exe is Access and Server and Trusted and internet below each of these. I can then allow both Access and Server for RO by checking below these (green ticks)

Also when i right click the program i just get "add program" or "remove program" tabs

Upvote 0
*pushes past the obnoxous bold print*

Trying to do that.

Here's how it works, byte has found a fix that seems to work for him, but not for any of us. I'm trying to find out if there's a setting in ZA that he's somehow changed from default that might have been what fixed it for him.

I'm trying to see what settings are diffrent between his ZA settings and mine. We're working on it as best as a few fans can.

Oh and Jimmeh, if you right click on the exe name in your programs list for the RO exe, you get a right click menu that has Options in it.

Upvote 0
Acid WE ARE, me and DrSNAFU are trying to figure out what EXACT settings allow me to use ZA and RO. I have spent considerable time adjusting ZA to my PERSONAL NEEDS (which, obviously DO NOT apply to everyone). i was thinking of making a back up of my settings and uploading them. but i dont know what personal or info is in it or if it wont work because other people have different ZA accounts. BE PATEINT. forums are not instant communication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0