• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

when i play for the first time...

SOAD

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
when i play for the first time will it be a good idea to go with bots on easy, or get thrown in the deep end online, coz i doubt bots will give me an experience which will be accurate to how the game is played online, so when i do go online, i will get uber confused.

I'm thinking that this game might get really benefitted by having AA-style training maps. Just place practice ranges that have ammo boxes and all the weapons available for you to try. Different ranges of tagets, vehicles and stuff. No really need for voice-over or anything, the point would be to get the feel of the movement and weapon ballistics.

Upvote 0
SOAD said:
when i play for the first time will it be a good idea to go with bots on easy, or get thrown in the deep end online, coz i doubt bots will give me an experience which will be accurate to how the game is played online, so when i do go online, i will get uber confused.
I'd definitely say just jump right on in Dude.
The tips and tricks and education you'll recieve from the challenging of real players is way better than that of bots be they good or not.

Upvote 0
training maps might be a good idea, but they might take a while.

I would suggest that you go on practice first. Get a feel for the movement (learning, iron sights, resting, diving, etc) and good knowledge of your controls. You don't want to be trying to find a certain key when mg tracers and bouncing around your position. Then start learning how to lead and compensate for drop with the rifles. Most often you'll likely be using a rifle, so learning how to use it is a good idea. One tip: the mouse sensitivity is set as a default to 3 and this is about what you want. It'll give you enough fine control with the rifle iron sights. If anything you might want to drop it down a little to 2.5 or 2.75.

Once you've done this you can dive and you should do ok, although playing around with the other stuff isn't a bad idea. Most of the other weapons aren't too hard and you can learn them while playing.

The AT equipment is another matter. Well the satchel is easy, but the PTRD and the 'faust take a little bit of practice to use properly. The iron sights on the faust are counter-intuitive, you need to use the switch weapon mode key to use it properly. If you hit you're pretty you're set as it has a powerful warhead, just make sure you hit as close to a 90 degree angle as you can, as it is possible for the warhead to deflect. The PTRD is different. It's essentially just a huge (14.5 mm) rifle that has to be used from a deployed position. It's effective on the early tanks, but for some of the later tanks it's largely useless. It takes 3 rounds to the ass-end from 3 meters away to disable a Panther (probably more from longer range) and I personally put about a dozen rounds into a Tiger and I don't think I made a scratch in the paint. Taking a look at the tank guides the Wilsonam posted are a good idea because they show the weak spots. In some cases those are the only weak spots you can hit.

Then there are the vehicles. There are many threads on the vehicles and I suggest that they're read. Driving is very important, angling the tank, not presenting the flank or rear armour to targets, etc. Then there's manning the main gun and adjusting the sights. Actually, it's usually easier to fire the main gun than it is drive. Just keep in mind the weak spots in the tank diagrams and you should do fine. Keeping the sights aligned properly is a good idea.

It seems like alot but after a little practice and some playing it'll become second nature.

Upvote 0