• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sales figures?!

Trigger said:
I think this title will have no problems, especialy with the move to ship via STEAM. Money rocks btw.

I hope so too, TW really deserves it (well, except Sasquatch, as he evades my fire all the time and pops me instead. Please TW don't give him his portion of the 23 euros I paid.)

But then, there were some games out there which were refreshingly innovative, but got shunned by the mass of players despite that.

Upvote 0
I think it will be one of those games that some people get and play but as word spreads more and more people buy it. Similar to halflife, I think they sold more copies of there game in the third year of release then the first year.

also when you look at these numbers TW has a good deal: Lets say that TW gets 60% of the money from every sale and valve gets 40 % (i heard these numbers on the boards somewhere).

If TW sells 10,000 copies getting 60% of the 25 dollars they charged for each copy. so 25*.60 = 15 *10,000 = $150,000
now say another company not using steam and selling it only instores is only getting 20% of every game sold and the publisher gets 80%. I heard these numbers here to but not sure how accurate they are. And since games in store are generally sold at 60 dollars we'll go with that so.
60 *.20= 12 *10,000 = $120,000
These numbers might be wishful thinking but when you look at it, it is interesting.

Upvote 0