• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

2011-12-27_00009-300d85c.jpg

It was fun, we were around 15 people, but I hope more servers will organize Butovo fight nights, and announce it here to let people know ;)

See you later for another Butovo fight Night !

Upvote 0
how can i install the map?

download the Playerfiles ZIP-folder
and unzip it .

u got 2 files TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest.roe and Props_Butovo.upk

cut or copy the map file to the folder :....\programs\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\cookedPC\Maps\......
the same with the .upk file to folder :....\programs\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\cookedPC\custom\....
when there is no custom folder , then u must create one

or use this map installer

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73515[/URL]

Upvote 0
(...snip...)
cut or copy the map file to the folder :....\programs\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\cookedPC\Maps\......
the same with the .upk file to folder :....\programs\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\cookedPC\custom\....
(...snip...)

@BOH-rekrut
Oops... my installer will by default put the Butovo upk file in the cookedpc folder and not in the Custom folder. Is it a must that the upk file goes into the Custom folder? (on my pc it's not and i can still play the map)
If so, then I need to update my installer.
FYI: Adding a file named DropZone.cfg to your downloadable map archive (the zip file) with the following content will guarantee that the map files will always be put at the right spot (if the map is installed with dropzone).
Code:
.roe=Maps\Butovo-B3_FixTest
.upk=Custom

Upvote 0
Weren't both files to be kept in the map folder since the last update, that's where i have them as well.

steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\TE-Butovo-B3_FixTestplayer\TE-Butovo-B3_FixTest.roe

steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\TE-Butovo-B3_FixTestplayer\Props_Butovo.upk

I thought it was only Ogledow that had a file in the "custom" folder

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aren't the "server files" just for your ro2 config files when you are running a server? Is that what he is asking about?

No, the RO2 server files need to be put on the server in order to get the custom map in rotation on that server. It's not mandatory to add an entry of the map in the ROGame.ini file (on the server), though it's highly recommended (or else you can't select the new map in the Change map screen of the web-admin tool).

In case you only want to play a new map without having a server, then of course you don't need to have the server files. The server files are only required for a server (as the name suggests).

Last edited:
Upvote 0