• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dead Bodies

I would like there to be a little more impact from the bullet, and also for the weapon to EJECT a little less when it separates from the player.

I don't know if TW did implement bones into their hit detection system in the end, but if they did, a bone-hit would justify some bodily reaction to the shot.

I swear I once saw a player who was already dead, but still animated in agonising pain. Now THAT, was good.

Upvote 0
The death animations in RO2 are some of the best ones I've seen in a game. I just miss grenades, artillery and explosions in general affecting dead bodies like they did in RO1. At the moment an artillery shell throws someone 10m away, while the dead body next to him doesn't move at all.

I think in RO1 a body would have physics for a while, if not until it disappeared, where in RO2 the physics are disabled shortly after death, for performance reasons probably.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want a correction of the headless models, looks BS.
(Mostly) When you are in prone position (sometimes even happens when standing/crouch) and get shot in the head, your model lacks the entire head and parts of the backbone. Can anyone confirm that this happens when a round of 7.62 or 7.92 hits your head?

I believe that parts of the skull are blown away on exit of the bullet rather than the entire head being missing.

Upvote 0
I want a correction of the headless models, looks BS.
(Mostly) When you are in prone position (sometimes even happens when standing/crouch) and get shot in the head, your model lacks the entire head and parts of the backbone. Can anyone confirm that this happens when a round of 7.62 or 7.92 hits your head?

I believe that parts of the skull are blown away on exit of the bullet rather than the entire head being missing.

I think that's just a bug. When you die, you always see your body in that 'headless on belly' positions.

Upvote 0
the issue in RO2 is that once shot the momentum is instantly lost since you start with a death animation before getting rag-doll.

Yeah that's a bit of a problem with this tech, it's not quite perfected yet, and sometimes you do get thouse jarring transitions (just like we did back when death anims was 100% canned animations).

There is something to be said for both methods, and personally i agree with whomever said it'd be nice to see them both, sometimes seeing the enemy just go ragdoll and drop like a sack of spuds is very satiesfying.

And especially when they are on the move, using 100% ragdoll in thouse situations would remove any of thouse jarring dead stops to anim problems that can happen.

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm that this happens when a round of 7.62 or 7.92 hits your head?

yes and no, close ranged to the center of the face/back of head, does result in quite distructive mass removal, but mostly youll lose more from the exit wound than entry wound.

but one person may suffer worse than another, its not exact, but they are very heavy rounds and they are designed to do maxium damage. if it hits solid bone, cheek bones for example then it would (the round) shatter inside (copper/steel jacket) which causes more damage, if it hits less solid bone or just flesh then it could punch straight though, would still be bigger exit wound than entry wound though. an in the head would probly be fatal. however quite alot of people were hit in the face and survived, some even carried on fighting, some with out their upper/lower jaw.

however a 9mm parabellum point blank to the back of the neck, can also remove the head.

and although this is quite morbid, most of it is from listening/reading veterans accounts, Dday vets have some grose stories, an current vets from afghan and iraq.

Upvote 0