• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 sucks. MP5 shines. That's it.

The M4 Super 90 is more expensive than it should be, for having 6 rounds that as far as i've gathered, are the weakest buckshot shots ingame.
Weaker than the AA12's individual shots? I don't think so.
But I do agree that it's overpriced for what it is.

(edit: as of the recent update that made it cost 750 for lvl6 supports, I think it's properly priced, now)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Weaker than the AA12's individual shots? I don't think so.
But I do agree that it's overpriced for what it is.

The M4 Super 90 is more expensive than it should be,for having 6 rounds that as far as i've gathered, are the weakest buckshot shots ingame.

I'm sorry you didn't read that part.

I should probably bolden the parts people might miss from now on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M4+M203 is good when your team sucks. In a good team, where demo is protected from close combat by teammates, I prefer M79 for 12 extra nades. And now you can replace machete with .44 for a close combat (enough place to hold M32+M79+Pipes+.44).
You know, I'll admit it. I never even thought of that combo. Gonna go try it right now.

And sure, the M203 is kind of a bastard weapon, but admit it, it makes you feel badass.

Everytime somebody says they don't like about kf something on this forums they get a ****load of downvotes.
It doesn't exactly help that Utopia isn't a master of tact, but that's neither here nor there.

Upvote 0
It fires the exact same shots as the Pump shotgun. It's actually quite strong, it's just got a slower reload and way higher cost.

The problem is that it has one big advantage, with two disadvantages (-2 shells and reload rate). It's a good sidegrade, or perhaps marginal upgrade to the Hunting Shotgun, but it's priced like a huge upgrade to both.

Upvote 0
Everytime somebody says they don't like about kf something on this forums they get a ****load of downvotes.

That is soooo true, and the main reason the rep system means nothing, then there are also the trolls that go around down voting all posts of people they don't like, regardless of the post content.

The STEAM forums are much better, (depending on game), In the KF forum most people like to help, are not rude, don't act like they own the forum because they have been there longer, and if they do not agree with you, or like your post, they either post a reply, or stay silent and suck it up instead of simply down voting, there are also more people active there than here.
Trolls are also normaly quickly dealt with in the STEAM forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r and Spicy
Upvote 0
I freaking love the M4, I've totally replaced the AK-47 with it. It's a headshot machine! Kills all the trash zeds in 1 headshot just like the AK-47 (yes, even in 6-man HoE), has less recoil, a very nice (if obstructive) optic, more ammo, and a higher rate of fire. Also, I have yet to have any problems from the sight blocking my vision, it's still open enough for me to see crawlers and everything else around me while I'm using it. My new commando loadout is SCAR-H, M4, a .44 and a Machete. Loving the .44 too btw...has saved me several times already with that loadout lol.
The only things I don't like about it are the lower damage making it inferior to the AK-47 when you don't get headshots or are just spraying into a group when things go bad, and that it's a rifle chambered in 5.56x45 instead of 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 lol :p The higher rate of fire and still being able to use the AK-47 or SCAR-H with it helps compensate though, and besides it needs at least some downsides so it's just an alternative to the AK-47 rather than an upgrade :)

Upvote 0
That is soooo true, and the main reason the rep system means nothing, then there are also the trolls that go around down voting all posts of people they don't like, regardless of the post content.

The STEAM forums are much better, (depending on game), In the KF forum most people like to help, are not rude, don't act like they own the forum because they have been there longer, and if they do not agree with you, or like your post, they either post a reply, or stay silent and suck it up instead of simply down voting, there are also more people active there than here.
Trolls are also normaly quickly dealt with in the STEAM forums.
TWI MUST remove the rep system. its useless.

Upvote 0
Why do people always think a new weapon is supposed to be better than all the other ones? I mean what do you except? Personally, I think the weapon is balanced and suits its role very well.

[sarcasm]Because when it comes to any game and any kind of item, the only two options developers have are:
1) Nerf!
2) Buff!

Adding anything that isn't a direct up or downgrade to any other item is sheer folly. Obviously. [/sarcasm]

Or so it would seem, given the amount of WHINING OVER FREE GAME CONTENT! >_>

I like the M4. Not as much damage as the AK obviously, but more ammo magazines makes up for it in my opinion. Especially since we should be aiming for headshots anyway. AK/M4 gives you a metric crap-ton of bullets. [sarcasm] Granted, that's not as many bullets as an imperial crap-ton but I've never been one for conversion math. [/sarcasm]

Upvote 0
How I see it.

Why would I trade out a more powerfull weapon for a weaker one just for a few rounds more?

I have never had a problem with ammo when using the AK and Scar, but with the lower damage, and higher ROF of the M4, I see no need to use it.

I find the AK much more effective due to it's slower ROF, so for me the increase in ammo with the M4 still falls short of justifying its use.

On a side note, I have not seen anyone using it as a Commando in the last 10 games I've played, and if people in game start talking about it, well, their opinion on it is close to mine and a few others.

Maybe they should have added this::D http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On a side note, I have not seen anyone using it as a Commando in the last 10 games I've played, and if people in game start talking about it, well, their opinion on it is close to mine and a few others.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

I personally like the M4, the damage is a bit lower than I'd like, but it is a decent gun. I mainly use the AK, though. SCAR is good, but lately I have been doing AK/M4 combo.

I do have 85M dmg as comm, so I have played it pretty extensively.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
MP7- High ROF, higher DPS than the MP5 (?), fast reload, headshot machine, cheap.

MP5- Higher damage-per-hit than the MP7, large magazine size.

The MP7 isn't completely obsolete.

Let's compare them!

Code:
     dps (w/ reload) ammo (max) weight v recoil healing time to fully recharge
mp7  397 (176)       40 (200)   3      100      35 hp   4.4s
mp5  400 (223)       64 (200)   3      124      52 hp   2.9s
And with that... I would say it's completely obsolete. MP5 has slightly more recoil and longer reload time, but other than that... I don't see any reason to use MP7. The price difference is negligible. Sell MP7 and you can buy MP5 for ~360

Upvote 0
M4/AK is kind of nice because of the ridiculous amount of ammunition you can hold. Even if the M4 isn't optimal or a clear upgrade to another gun, it's still nice to have the option to use it.

Don't forget, we've always got the whitelisted FN-FAL again once the regular zeds return.

I don't play mutators.

After all, when coming to the ammo issue, AK+SCAR offers 750 rds. This is a hugh amount of ammo.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
So in healing per second, that's 15.91 for the MP7 versus 35.86 for the MP5, more than double. (assuming firing the MP5 costs 50 charge? IIRC it does) That's tremendous.
Yeah, MP5 definitely shines.

Actually I meant fully recharge as in 100 dart ammo / whatever it's called (1 shot = 50 ammo). So you'd have to half those values. Not that it changes anything... but yeah.

Upvote 0