• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Lvl6 SS Crossbow Sui/HoE questions

playmaker_41

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2010
Canada
I've owned KF from when it first came out, dropped it for a few months, they had their update, and although I've been playing some of it during the summer I've decided to actually start playing and get on HoE under my belt

That being said, I've realized I'm completely out of the loop for the newly disminished Xbow. I've looked around on sites and here are the questions that were never answered
These apply to both Sui and HoE, on six man team, headshots with Xbow (cuz I'm still a bullseye shooter :) )

How many bolts for Fp?

How many bolts for Scake?

I'm assuming it's 1 shot for any others on HoE Sui, unless I'm wrong?

9mm, yay or nay?

Handcannon/Xbow still good enough? I know all the sites say LAR is better for HoE but is HC/Xbow still good enough?

How many bolts for Fp?
On 6man HoE, four. Well, actually, if you tap him in the head with a handcannon and then follow that up with three crossbow bolts, it'll give a decap.

How many bolts for Scake?
Two for 6man HoE.

9mm, yay or nay?
I forgot the exact numbers, but HoE 9mm gets a significant nerf. I think it's the regular values on Suicidal, though.

Handcannon/Xbow still good enough? I know all the sites say LAR is better for HoE but is HC/Xbow still good enough?
depends depends. If you're the only sharp on the team, yeah, I'd like you to take HC+crossbow. However, if there's two sharps, I usually see one rocking handcannon+crossbow and the second M14+LAR.

Upvote 0
Yeah, they put spawns in the U-room that make it awful to camp. Spawn is now generally considered the best camp in biotics.

The 9mm still rocks on suicidal, but it's not too great on HoE. A single headshot will only decap a clot rather than kill it. Still worth using to conserve ammo though if you're going hc/xbow. If you really want more ammo to kill trash with while still carrying the xbow though, consider xbow/.44 mag/mp5. Just make sure not to get caught in the medic guns long reload at a bad time.

Upvote 0
That's for the info, even with 3 headshots, that's one too many for a charging Fp, I guess the glory days of SS pub heroes is over :(

Well, if by "hero" you mean soloing the wave after everyone else dies then I'm inclined to disagree - the M14/LAR is pretty well suited for a mobile sharpshooter and unless you get cornered by a bad spawn then you can kite upwards of 200 zeds if you've got the ammo.

Also, the M9 is still awesome, just don't use it over the HC or M14 if things are really close. You need to shoot clots twice to kill them, and it isn't worth spamming the M9 at gorefasts till they drop on HoE.

Upvote 0
Crossbow kills everything below Scrake with single headshot even off the perk.

Scrake needs 2 headshots on Sui/HoE, first one stuns him, so it is peace of cake, just need good timing.
Off-perk xbow can't stun Scrake on Sui/HoE, just makes him mad, so don't use it.
When playing online, stunned Scrake's head is always lowered, even if you see it raised.

FP needs 3 headshots, excluding 6 player HoE, when you need 4 or one HC shot + 3 xbow headshots.

HC + Xbow still rocks, but if you plan killing FP, you need 2 sharpies in the team.
Since .44 magnum is introduced, which weights only 2 blocks, you can try .44 + Xbow + Medic gun (MP7 or MP5) loadout. .44 is slightly weaker than HC, but can store more ammunition and allows you to do healing (with medic gun) too.

9mm is nerfed on HoE to 40% headshot damage bonus (down from +140%). It decaps, not kills even Clots, so can't be used as effective as on Suicidal. I suggested to move both single and dual 9mm to Commando perk. Then level 6 sharpshooter would have +50% headshot damage bonus (as for any non-perked weapon) and it will be constant for all difficulties. Raising sharpshooter's perk is too fast now, because you can start doing it from the first wave and usually it is the first perk reaching level 6.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0