• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Defence Victory Simulator 2011

I've noticed this recently, OP.

Probably a combination of people knowing the maps inside out now and TWI's balancing tweaks.

It makes sense for the defenders to have an advantage, but it's often frustrating not to switch sides after the round ends.

I am starting to think that GE is just badly designed, though.

Reactions: Raneman
Upvote 0
I think the better team wins. with maybe the exception of commissars house. but I say that if the germans manage to get B in grain elevator its 75% certain that they will win. I play on the 2.FJg realism server and sometimes good players show up there that coordinate the entire team. people seem to follow their orders and work as a team when these guys are around. and they generally wins or lose by a close margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeneralGinger
Upvote 0
I think the better team wins. with maybe the exception of commissars house. but I say that if the germans manage to get B in grain elevator its 75% certain that they will win. I play on the 2Fj realism server and sometimes good players show up there that coordinate the entire team. people seem to follow their orders and work as a team when these guys are around. and they generally wins or lose by a close margin.

That is my experience of GE as well.

Upvote 0
GE offense is extremely dependent on teamwork and aggressiveness. An aggressive Axis team will nigh always win, since they usually at least make it to the foothold and cut off reinforcements.

That said, as I did back in RO1 I almost always stack attackers, because I enjoy the dynamic, fast-paced gameplay of taking objectives. I've also won plenty of matches, though my win:loss ratio is less than 1 if i recall.

Now and then I even numbers or feel like a leisurely shooting gallery, though.

Upvote 0
If u are on the atker side , u need on every map good teamwork and good commander . For example Commisar house to win this map u should try to cap right at start D after capping A , bcs if u have D u can clear the front of C and be able to shot on reinforcements. And B u can cap with arty very fast . Important is like on very map to put defence after capping a zone ad not to camp . And also form D if u have good sniper u can clear the windows from G so ur team can take fast F . Not only teamplay is needed but u need also strategy same goes for GE . Why germans take the risk to walk infront of 3 machine gunners + 5 rifleman to get in the top left of the map . What advantage u get frmo this move ? Besides that russian will wait for u on this side . Why germans think that this way is the easiest way to Cap B ? ACtually is tha hardest way to Cap B , to try to Cap B frontal to be exposed by enemy machien guns and riflemans and assaulting even without smoke is suicide . and if u manage to get on the other side russian are waiting for u . When im german i try to cap B frmo the left side bcs its less defended , and u can cover also form the left side the back from B and make russian impossibel to cap A back . and when team gets B , I try to atk frmo the right side bcs it is in most cases less defended and with mg as support u can cover the whole right side from the Ge and u total surprise russians in C . My point is that ppl dont make use of the map U cant cap B only frontal like some germans think u can also cap it frmo behind and stab some russian the back . And if u like to cap frontal B then make sure u have right start rifleman cover those windows , so russians will have less mgs on the windows . Just my 2 cents and sry for my english :D

Upvote 0
If u are on the atker side , u need on every map good teamwork and good commander . For example Commisar house to win this map u should try to cap right at start D after capping A , bcs if u have D u can clear the front of C and be able to shot on reinforcements. And B u can cap with arty very fast . Important is like on very map to put defence after capping a zone ad not to camp . And also form D if u have good sniper u can clear the windows from G so ur team can take fast F . Not only teamplay is needed but u need also strategy same goes for GE . Why germans take the risk to walk infront of 3 machine gunners + 5 rifleman to get in the top left of the map . What advantage u get frmo this move ? Besides that russian will wait for u on this side . Why germans think that this way is the easiest way to Cap B ? ACtually is tha hardest way to Cap B , to try to Cap B frontal to be exposed by enemy machien guns and riflemans and assaulting even without smoke is suicide . and if u manage to get on the other side russian are waiting for u . When im german i try to cap B frmo the left side bcs its less defended , and u can cover also form the left side the back from B and make russian impossibel to cap A back . and when team gets B , I try to atk frmo the right side bcs it is in most cases less defended and with mg as support u can cover the whole right side from the Ge and u total surprise russians in C . My point is that ppl dont make use of the map U cant cap B only frontal like some germans think u can also cap it frmo behind and stab some russian the back . And if u like to cap frontal B then make sure u have right start rifleman cover those windows , so russians will have less mgs on the windows . Just my 2 cents and sry for my english :D

Your English is fine. You just need to introduce some paragraphs into that wall of text to make it readable.

Upvote 0
And replace abbreviations by complete words imo, otherwise it's fine ;)

I think I was just punched in the face by irony :) Only kidding, and I agree with the sentiment.

most attacks with equal sized forces resulted in wins for the defenders in the actual war.

Indeed they did, and should. I think sometimes, when people complain about this defensive bias, they might not be considering the alternative. That is, a game that falsely balances the odds against what is a natural, and mostly predictable outcome. Not 100% predictable, just mostly - and as we've seen with the general realism argument, this would be enough to upset people for an entirely different reason. Isaac Newton knew what he was talking about when it comes to action and reaction! :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that on Attack/Defend maps, defence always wins? No matter the team, they always seem to win. It's almost surprising when you win on the attacking team.

You're so obviously trolling.

Here's how it goes:
Germans win because of equipment advantage

Russians win because of reinforcement advantage.

And this seals the deal. You're talking nonsense. Once the weapons are all leveled up here is how it looks (excluding heroes which are server chosen).

• PPSH = Best sub machine gun - 72 round drum magazine requiring 1 reload and no magazine change. Massive RPS dominating everything close range. Railgun accuracy at higher levels, it's my best gun. (Russian only)
  • SVT = Best semi auto rifle in the game - High accuracy, power and magazine fed. (Russian / German at veteran)
  • Scoped SVT = Best sniper rifle in the game - High accuracy, power and the only magazine fed sniper rifle. (Russian only)
  • MG34 = Best MG in the game - an eventual 250 round belt, changeable barrel and single shot selection as well as better RPS it's a total machine. (German / Russian at veteran)
  • Mosin Nagant rifle = Best rifle in the game - It's basically identical with the K98 except you don't loose 1 bullet when reloading pushing this gun over. (Russian / German at veteran)

"super weapons":
  • AVT = fully automatic sniper rifle with the best stopping power and bullet penetration of any assault weapon. Needs a bigger ammo cap for close range / Excellent medium / long range. (Russian only)
  • MKB = best mid range weapon in the game. "decent" close / range but not excellent. (german only)

It's the RUSSIANS who get access to the best weapons overall once you bother to play the game. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
DP and MG34 are both pretty damn good.

Yes, they both are when your first start playing MG and are pretty competitive until you get them to 25. Then MG34 gets 75 round durm and DP gets nothing. Still that's not game breaking. It's when you get like 6x as many kills and get them to 50 with the 250 belt MG-34 (which also reloads faster) vs DP at 50 rounds and no new upgrades. Now the LMG gap is the largest gun gap of any set of weapons in the game. I'd just like to see the Russians get a better lmg or upgrades. There is a reason 95% of the higher ranked LMGs use the MG34 on either team, no other gun in the game is so universally favored by both teams if they can get it.

Upvote 0