• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Banzai -- force respawn

Raymond Saint

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
What is the essence of the banzai charge?

It's all about to die proudly while you can't win.
So.
I suggest.
If the Japaneese side have 0 reinforcements, they should have 1 last resort, the last attempt.

How this will look like?
Full Jap team spawns in with no ammo, only with rifles and bayonets (officer have a sword). Players have nothing to do but to roleplay banzai-charge.

Discuss.

So.
I suggest.
If the Japaneese side have 0 reinforcements, they should have 1 last resort, the last attempt.

How this will look like?
Full Jap team spawns in with no ammo, only with rifles and bayonets (officer have a sword). Players have nothing to do but to roleplay banzai-charge.

Discuss.

I want to commit seppuku. Discuss. Or that suicide pact scene with the grenades in letters from Iwo Jima.

Reactions: Raymond Saint
Upvote 0
1st RS related post yay!

Discuss.

I like the idea that the Japanese get a final stand off once all their tickets are used up - but I wouldn't really give 'em empty weapons, rather one full load plus maybe one extra clip/magazine. That's not enough ammo for a firefight but enough to pick off the odd target of opportunity while still forcing you to advance and close in with the enemy.

Upvote 0
I love this idea! spawning the entire jap team with rifles/bayonets without ammo, and a few katanas (for the classes who dont have bayonets), once the reinforcements are depleted (when they are left with the option of either humiliating defeat and capture, or defiant death), seems like the best way of ensuring large scale banzai charges on a fairly regular basis. If implemented the banzai charges will be more of a bonus for a defeated jap team. Furthermore it would make sense within the context of the game, historically banzai charges were mostly the result of imminent defeat, as described here.
I have a great deal of respect for the devs, and realize they probably have more important things to work on, not at least testing this however, would i my humble opinion be a missed opportunity.

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
this idea is very good ! i like it, but they should stick together in the charge. i can already imagine me playing as an american, sitting in a captured bunker and hear the japanese screaming banzai and other japanese stuff. hearing shots in the distance from my allies. i'm sorry, i can't explain in english. all i can say if that idea is implemented, my pants will be wet.

Upvote 0
this idea is very good ! i like it, but they should stick together in the charge. i can already imagine me playing as an american, sitting in a captured bunker and hear the japanese screaming banzai and other japanese stuff. hearing shots in the distance from my allies. i'm sorry, i can't explain in english. all i can say if that idea is implemented, my pants will be wet.

Yeah, just imagine being a lone US rifleman, seeing a group of japs sprinting, bayonets lowered, katanas raised, screaming there war-cries.

Upvote 0
Only concern would be to implement something to prevent the Japanese soldiers to camp it out. _Force_ them to charge. Perhaps an auto-slay for idling more than 10 seconds if you're behind a certain point. Once you pass a certain point this function is disabled so firefights can commence.

If a banzai charge respawn were to be implemented, it would probably be easier to start a 60 sec timer counting down to the end of the round. If the proud soldiers of the glorious empire of japan wish to spend there sixty seconds hiding in bushes etcetera, then they should gain nothing from it. If they decide to charge there foes in melee they should be rewarded, not only for kills but also for dying. Thus there will be incentive to actually perform the banzai attack. Furthermore, if the japanese are given ammunition there will be no banzai charge, only another firefight. Therefore they should only be given rifles with bayonets and katanas (for clases without bayonets), and an unlimited amount of stamina for the one minute the banzai charge lasts.

Upvote 0

So.
I suggest.

How this will look like?

Discuss.

Ah, come on... they can have SOME ammunition! :D Give riflemen loaded weapons, with one extra clip along with a grenade. All other classes (MG, sniper, SLs, Commander, engineer, AT trooper, Hero, and Other) should only get loaded weapons, one grenade/satchel charge.

They'll have to get close to use the grenade, and ten rifle rounds isn't enough to camp with for long. It's not as if the Japanese charged the enemy with empty weapons...

Upvote 0