• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I make my map available in-game

Six_Ten

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006
aztecmod.darkesthourgame.com
Still stuck trying to figure out how to do the most basic modification of a stock RO2 map. At the moment I'm Building a slightly modified version of Spartinovka (just deleted some static meshes). It is taking forever to build so I have a few minutes here.

I already know how to preview in the editor, I want to use the game to run it. It doesnt have to be available for multiplayer, SP is fine.

Once it is built, how do I get it to show up in-game so I can test it in RO2?

First I just put my files into the Documents/.../CookedMaps and then in Unpublished/Maps. I'm familiar with the RO SDK, so I've been looking for an .ini with a MapList in it.

You just have to put the maps in
RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\*Mapnamehere*\Mapfileshere.
At least, that's how it should work. Also check that you're using correct map prefixes and gametypes in the world properties.

Upvote 0
I'll try that now, thanks. Edit -- loading it, should the map show in LAN servers or where? In LAN I don't see any option to host a map, and in normal Multiplayer it can't show since it isnt on any server, and the Singleplayer mode is just the campaign. Do I have to make a custom campaign mod to get this to run?

While you're here (and while I'm testing your idea) can you give any advice on how I can get started very simple just running through the process of taking Spartakovka, deleting a couple of static meshes, building the map, and renaming it, and getting it to run?

Last edited:
Upvote 0