• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ultramar : Portuguese African Combat

seems interesting. will keep an eye out.

with the risk of sounding ignorant, im gonna mention that i had never heard of this war. Now im reading about it on wki. You showed me something new today lol hopefully i'll learn more from your mod

also will you have unlocks and things like that?

Most likely yes, if the coding can get done properly, it will be as the one in RO2 but toned down to make it more available for all players.

In the war, using 2 magazines taped to each other was preety comon.
But some stuff like the scopes were rare just do to the enviroment.
If you see pictures, you notice the large majority of the enviroment was african bush (reason why Bayonets where usefull).
We want to go MORE on a realism base then on a balance base.

Also, I got contacted by another guy that wants to help.
He's a Portuguese guy studing in the UK. If all goes well, he will be our main coder, with Manteigas/Butters helping him out.

Upvote 0
Most likely yes, if the coding can get done properly, it will be as the one in RO2 but toned down to make it more available for all players.

In the war, using 2 magazines taped to each other was preety comon.
But some stuff like the scopes were rare just do to the enviroment.
If you see pictures, you notice the large majority of the enviroment was african bush (reason why Bayonets where usefull).
We want to go MORE on a realism base then on a balance base.

Also, I got contacted by another guy that wants to help.
He's a Portuguese guy studing in the UK. If all goes well, he will be our main coder, with Manteigas/Butters helping him out.

Great news.

So i assume it's safe to say you will not be adding ridiculous thing as unlocks is that correct?

Reddots and red tiger camo? lol

This unlock system in RO2 has me slightly depressed lol

Upvote 0
Great news
So i assume it's safe to say you will not be adding ridiculous thing as unlocks is that correct?

Reddots and red tiger camo? lol

This unlock system in RO2 has me slightly depressed lol

Um no lol
Jungle cammo was used a lot in the war and the soldiers did costumize their guns tough.
I have a picture of an Army Infantryman with his G3A3 with the Peace sign on the magazine ...
Big picture warning

Spoiler!

The Recon class will only be available for Veterans for the simple reason it's preety much a NCO class in terms of responsability and skill required.
Scopes will be rare because they where not used a lot, due to typical African bush enviroment, but will still be around for Recon and Squad Leaders and Commanders.
Now, this is IF the "Unlock" system works. It won't be anything like CoD or anything simply because we want realism not super duper fast ninjas with sixty million sights on guns firing with extended magazines and grenade launchers attached while doing 1080

Upvote 0
Wow I must admit I am really excited for this one. Five of my uncles fought in Ultramar. It would sometimes get brought up at family parties after they were done arguing over who was a better futebol team. Benfica or Sporting?

The Sporting fans were always greatly outnumbered.

That's because Sporting fans are very well steryotiped as being rich people with refined tastes.
Benfica VS Porto has allways been the ultimate battle in Portuguese soccer.
Oh those glorious riots back in the 90's and early 2000's in the old Antas and Luz stadiums ... Epic times man. Times where people got their heads shattered open by flying chairs and crowbars.
Nothing unusual for the Portuguese people.

Reactions: Harb
Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's been a while since no news so I decided to give you guys some info.

Project is currently near a allmost complete stop. I've started college wich has forced me to study a lot more especialy with the amount of papers I have to do.
Bad3bass has however been modelling (namely the 91/30, P38, along with some other weapons) but his schedule is being tightened aswell.

I haven't even launched 3ds Max or the UDK or even got a key for the RO2 SDK.
Remember those expected unexpected delays? Yeah, this is one of those.

Upvote 0
Awesome idea Faneca.

My father fought at Angola from 1966 to 1969. Ultramar war was the beginning of my fashination for war History, and ultimately to play RO.
Im portuguese, so i will talk with a couple of friends that are designers asking if they can give a and.
By the way, i already played with you Faneca. I go by the nick: Adamant[PT]

see you in combat and, boa sorte with the mod

Upvote 0