• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Setting territory locations

AAChaoshand

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2011
Texas
Is this feature implemented in the beta SDK yet? I can't seem to find a way to draw out the locations for capture or defense. I also can't seem to figure out how to set specific spawns for Axis and Allies. Everything else in my level is near completion other than this and a few touch-ups on the terrain/buildings.

It's all there. Its done with the ROPlaceableVolume
You should add a RO Objective and in its properties you will find the Objectvolume
Add the ROPlaceableVolume and then connect it tot that objectvolume
But you will need to add all in Kismet too.

Now I had it working once ;-) but forgot most of it. My advice is study one of the
stockmaps and then start with adding one objective. Alsa keep in mind the Axis and
Allies priority value and the initial objective state....

Last edited:
Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
I'm poop **** for brains with this stuff thats the irony of it....

poop.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is an image I had of a test map I made about a 3 weeks ago, I tried adding the objectives as you showed me before I started messing around with them on the map I am working on now. The main difference between this map and the one I got now is building placement and terrain has changed. I seem to look at things and decide I don't like them fairly often and end up redesigning everything. I'm still in the process of adding the sound actors and player spawns as well as light posts so I can remove all the random spots of light (which are there so I can see what I am working on as well as provide a general location for the tall light posts with generators I plan on installing). Since then I have removed the corner buildings with windows and put a more realistic building set in since the static meshes don't contain any buildings I can modify other than the destroyed ones. I guess I'm not as close to completion as I thought I was because the more I look at it the more I see that I need to do. Back in the Unreal 1 days level design was much easier and we subtracted from the world not add. But, adding does make things easier.

MapStage3modeling4.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0