• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think we will pull through :)

funny-gifs-ping-pong-playing-robots.gif

^
Unfortunately, as every thread like this, the next posts will most likely turn this thread into that.

I agree with you though. :)

Upvote 0
There are a lot of people wanting for this game to pull it through even though lots of them are bitter the way TWI descided to shape the game core play....

I do still play it 230 hrs under my belt,but if I had a saying to how would I want RO2 to feel like, it would be probably 70% ROOST and 30% RO2.

But then when you compare RO2 the way it is at the moment,its so much better than any other new game out there, no doubt RO2 feels and IS true PC game and thats why I still play it,ROOST reminded me a lot like vCOD and UO so does RO2 too, there is no denying when you get a hold of a true PC game, feeling is totally different than all the consolised games out there or wanna be PC game but its also made with consoles in mind firstly.

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
There are a lot of people wanting for this game to pull it through even though lots of them are bitter the way TWI descided to shape the game core play....

I do still play it 230 hrs under my belt,but if I had a saying to how would I want RO2 to feel like, it would be probably 70% ROOST and 30% RO2.

But then when you compare RO2 the way it is at the moment,its so much better than any other new game out there, no doubt RO2 feels and IS true PC game and thats why I still play it,ROOST reminded me a lot like vCOD and UO so does RO2 too, there is no denying when you get a hold of a true PC game, feeling is totally different than all the consolised games out there or wanna be PC game but its also made with consoles in mind firstly.

True, but RO is still alive sorta. That's why I try to play as much RO as I can now before it completely dies.

Upvote 0

Thats why I still play it because like you said it does feel like a pure pc game. You cannot be mad at the company for making a decision in the current economy. I am mad at working at Best Buy selling this new cheap pos $269 Toshiba knowing damn well I will not attach anything to it and I will get written up. Customers demand cheap so companies sell cheap and if a company knows what to sell they will sell that and forget about anything else. For a $40 game is chump change and even if they make DCL cost I'll buy it. I bug out also and I get stuck in the ground and sometimes it takes me 5 times to get up from prone to standing anim and I lag and yes I'll die to it so who cares about 1 death when you'll just flank and kill 2 or more.

TWI decisions are above and beyond questionable at the point of release but its stil a good release.

Upvote 0
I had to uninstall ro2 after 151 hours.

I couldn't let myself pissed off more, and I think I tolerated better than most ro vets who abandoned the game much earlier also.

I don't get these "I've only played this game eleventy billion hours and it sucks so much I'm already SICK of it! it sucks!" posts. It means one of a few things:

A - You play a game that you think sucks ALL THE TIME and you've been doing so for weeks on end. Conclusion = perhaps not mentally stable.

B - You actually like the game quite a lot but since you play it obsessively you become more and more enraged with its faults over time. You eventually become a cauldron of pure rage that boils at anything whatsoever going wrong. This happens with anything one obsesses over too much. I mean, I've racked up 80 something hours myself, but I'm sure if I had already played 200 hours I would be sick of playing this. Not because the game sucks but because, jesus, 200 hours.

C - Like the game but are so angry about a few game-play decisions that you'd rather only present the pissed off side until those things change.

Upvote 0
Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay - Team Deathmatch on Bakaara - Silenced SCAR L - YouTube

Personaly, we have nothing to worry about! Good commentary that pretty much sums it up.

Geez and people complain about the railgun insta-iron sights in RO2 :rolleyes:

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my wife about BF3 and CoD coming out and how crappy they were going to be, such as being carbon copies of their previous versions and very little really making either distinct from one another..... not that she really cares about video games. Then a commercial came on TV for BF3 and I just laughed. She said it looked pretty, graphic-wise and I said that's pretty much all it has going for it.

Then last night while she was watching tv and I was on the computer, she says "Oh look hun, there's that game you hate again"....... I looked at the TV and for a few seconds I thought it was BF3 again..... Nope.... it was CoDMW3. She said she couldn't tell as they looked the same. I said, yup.... basically the same, except CoD is $100 here in Australia.

I know I know......

tumblr_kudj1dFTrj1qzvqipo1_400.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
^ Yes sir.

I personaly do not hate the current demographic because over the years of retail and sales I picked up on the business aspect of it having absolutely all the hate in the world for it so I am not upset at what sells to the current market....*sigh* a 5 year old should not need an ipad2 but the main reason of the video was not to show you guys that he was racking up kills it was for the commentary piece of it being MW2.1 or .5 or w/e he said. He was being honest and I'll give him points on that.

I am really starting to appretiate my custom built rig even more and even though I messed up on some parts and I know that just about everything but MMOs and RTSs will be console games soon but I am glad RO series feels and does what a computer game should.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Actually im on these forums because its more entertaining than playing the game.

Also im hoping one day ill log on and see an official thread titled "MAJOR UPDATE: REALISM MODE."

Doesn't that look -just- like RO2? With the insta-grenades, firing from flawless ironsights at a full sprint, no need for cover or any sort of concealment, and an average engagement range of 25m.

Yeah, RO2 and MW3 are pretty much the same, aren't they? /sarcasmmode

Your sarcasm actually ended up describing RO2 rather accurately. Most of my kills are made around under 75m

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
Actually im on these forums because its more entertaining than playing the game.

Also im hoping one day ill log on and see an official thread titled "MAJOR UPDATE: REALISM MODE."

Your sarcasm actually ended up describing RO2 rather accurately. Most of my kills are made around under 75m

As he is not entirely wrong comparing lets say 20 of kills in RO2 feels much more rewarding then getting 20 or so kills in current standard fps games.

Upvote 0
The casual crowd and the hating old vets are already gone on this game so I dont think player amount will drop much.
Dont think the release of BF3 and MW3 will have much influence on that even if they are better games.

Skyrim will have an effect. Atleast, in my case. I might wait a bit to get that one though and let Bethesda work out bugs if need be.

Upvote 0