• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] What game(s) are you waiting for?

Mount & Blade 2 and Guild Wars 2.

Kinda interested in how Counter-Strike: GO will turn out and DOTA 2, and I am kinda interested in ArcheAge as long as it isn't primarily a grinding game. The sandbox nature of it sounds good but its very dependent on the actual gameplay. Planetside 2 looks interesting too

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to Primal Carnage, myself. Nothing much else aside from that.

I thought this was done to borrow from Nordic and Native American themes with a heavy totemic theme to it? :confused: WoW's Worgen on the other hand... "Are you into... Furries?"

No, I think the new races are incredibly stupid and makes no sense at all. It also makes no sense that the char can talk. All of it is just an excuse to introduce new races because the main criticism about Guild Wars is that there were only humans. So, not only they decided to scrap all the lore to please the mass mmo market desires.

Also, I don't get the native american themes, are you sure we are talking about the same Guild Wars 2?

Guild Wars expansions added themes, which were cool, but this is completely ****ed up:

asura-01.jpg

Winter-Skin-421x600.jpg

Upvote 0
Trine 2
Trine 1 in coop is one of the funnest games in existence. Nothing whatsoever indicates to me that Trine 2 could be anything but another stellar game.

Skyrim
Always loved the Nords in Elder Scrolls games. Bloodmoon, the expansion with the icy island of Solstheim was my favorite part in Morrowind. So even if worst comes to worse and Skyrim turns out to be a shallow mixture of Oblivion and, say, Fable, I'm probably still going to enjoy it.

GTA V
Haven't seen a bad GTA yet, even if I enjoyed some more than others. I haven't even finished GTA IV because I just didn't care about the story anymore at some point, but I still don't really feel disappointed with the game. Had a good time with it, and the radio stations alone typically make these games worth playing so... Also, the trailer was one of the best and most honest trailers (games or movies) of recent times too.

Halo Anniversary Edition
It's a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved with graphics that are, I'd say, comparable to Reach. It looks nice and it's interesting that you can switch to classic graphics in real-time at the press of a button, but I care more about getting to play Halo 1 again than about the facelift, tbh. It's backwardscompatible, but my Pal50 version doesn't work with my 60Hz monitor and I'm certainly not going to bother hooking up an old TV to play the game again. If this Anniversary Edition is reasonably priced I'm going to go that route instead.

Prey 2
I know next to nothing about this game, but the CGI trailer with the (overused, for a short period of time) Johnny Cash song was so incredibly bad-*** I can't help but feel a little excited. Prey 1 really dropped off fast after the glorious beginning, but it still has that going for it and if the CGI trailer and that ancient bit of news about Prey 2 is anything to go by and we basically get to play a bounty hunter in a completely alien open world that would really be something...

In Country: Vietnam

If they can deliver a credible but fun Vietnam experience, if they can succeed where so many Flashpoint and ArmA mods have failed, that'd be great.

Far Cry 3
I probably wouldn't have looked at it twice if Farcry 2 hadn't been such a pleasant surprise. I'm still going to wait for more info, and maybe a demo, but I'm still looking forward to this.

In that order.

Upvote 0
Halo: Anniversary, Saint's Row 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, ArmA 3, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Those are the main things I'm waiting for. I'd wait for Arkham City and L.A. Noire, but I have those on the Xbox already.

Upvote 0
No, I think the new races are incredibly stupid and makes no sense at all. It also makes no sense that the char can talk. All of it is just an excuse to introduce new races because the main criticism about Guild Wars is that there were only humans. So, not only they decided to scrap all the lore to please the mass mmo market desires.

I think the charr talk in Prophecies, no? They definately do in EotN. Also, the only new race are the asari, which are probably what he meant with 'Native American theme'. Druids, nature, shooting bows, dancing around fires, that stuff.

Don't try to make sense of video games and their lore. Could be worse, they could be adding pandas.

Upvote 0
I think the charr talk in Prophecies, no? They definately do in EotN. Also, the only new race are the asari, which are probably what he meant with 'Native American theme'. Druids, nature, shooting bows, dancing around fires, that stuff.

Don't try to make sense of video games and their lore. Could be worse, they could be adding pandas.

Well I never played/liked/cared for WoW.

The asari are the blue girls from Mass Effect. >< I guess you mean the Sylvari, well their theme don't remind me of native Americans at all, they are plants, and look like plants, they are inspired on elves from other lores, but without the good looks, so it kinda defeats the purpose.

I count EotN as the start of the lore destruction, they announced both games at the same time, so EotN was designed as a bridge. Suddenly, the norn and the asura pop out of nowhere at the same time, and then the char happens to talk in human language (no I don't recall them talking in prophecies) and they seem to be some kind of tsunderes (Oh I'm so bad but still hang around with you for some reason) add the Silvari now to the mix in the last minute.

Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall, were all about humans, and I loved that every new region or culture was inspired in a real life theme.

Those are my gripes about the lore, but my main gripe about the game itself is the lack of complexity and the removal of secondary profession, the restricted build making, and the simplified skills, they even removed energy and energy management. Guild Wars was about designing good builds to complete challenges, mostly in group and make it fit like a puzzle. But if you look at the gameplay videos now, you'll see that GW2 is about going alone, doing your thing, and spam the same skills against lone mobs, just like in any random MMO. The sequel is a completely different genre.

Guild Wars 1 offered something unique and filled a niche, they are scrapping that to step into the overly saturated market of MMO. I just hope someone else make a proper sequel.

Last edited:
Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
lol this is easy :D

Skyrim. 11-11-11
GRID 2.
Gran Turismo 6.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

If I had to vote for unannounced sequels, the list would never end.

Upvote 0
Sylvari, of course. Oh wow. It was late alright.

To be frank, if they had included the standard cookie cutter races like elves and dwarves we have seen in every other MMO I wouldn't be interested in GW2. I'm glad they try something fresh in that regard. The first character I'll make won't be sylvari, but I'll play one at some point I guess just for a change.

As for the gameplay changes, good, they are not making the same game again with a 2 attached. We'll see how it plays.

Reactions: Harb
Upvote 0
Sylvari, of course. Oh wow. It was late alright.

To be frank, if they had included the standard cookie cutter races like elves and dwarves we have seen in every other MMO I wouldn't be interested in GW2. I'm glad they try something fresh in that regard. The first character I'll make won't be sylvari, but I'll play one at some point I guess just for a change.

As for the gameplay changes, good, they are not making the same game again with a 2 attached. We'll see how it plays.

The cookie cutter races are in every game, because they work and people like them. I also like the effort of doing something fresh, but this is just ridiculous IMO, they could go for the Tengu (Factions), Centaurs (Nightfall) as they were already in the lore, and are not the same cookie cutter races. Oh and they DID have Dwarves since prophecies. They are blatantly going all hipster with the races.

For the gameplay, I'd rather have a game that is similar to its predecessor, than a game that is similar to pretty much every other MMO in the market. I'd rather have a Guild Wars with a "2" strapped on it, than a WoW with a "Guild Wars" strapped on it. Is not a gameplay change, is a genre change. I'm not talking about doing the same thing, I'm talking about preserving the essence of what Guild Wars was. Do that, or don't name it Guild Wars at all.

Upvote 0
lol this is easy :D

Skyrim. 11-11-11
GRID 2.
Gran Turismo 6.
Spoiler!
GRID 2? When did they announce that?

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0