• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SDK Update Released October 21st

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
SDK Functionality/Fixes

-Disabled the steam game overlay for the editor. This was causing the editor to crash when launching through steam.
-Fixed a crash compiling .uc files.

To create a mutator or gametype mod use the UE3 process (same as UDK, UT3)
1) Find RO2 in My Documents and place your .uc files in My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src\MyModName\Classes.
2) Add ModPackages=MyModName to [ModPackages] in ROEditor.ini
3) Run the game with ?Game=MyModName.MyGameType -useunpublished
4) Publishing support is coming soon (note Mutators can be run offline, but aren't supported for servers yet)

I just dont understand....it tries to compile but fails.

I edited the following roeditor.ini
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\Config
So my section in that file looks like this:
Code:
[ModPackages]
ModPackagesInPath=..\..\ROGame\Src
ModOutputDir=..\..\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script
ModPackages=MyMod
At this point I do NOT have any mod folder, but try to compile to see what errors, if any, are reported. So I bring up a command prompt in the following location:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64
And the run the following command:
Code:
rogame.exe make -debug
And receive the following error, so I know that I have edited the correct ini file and the compiler knows to look for a mod:
Code:
Warning, Can't find files matching C:\Users\Gleedo\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\Binaries\Win64\..\..\ROGame\Src\MyMod\Classes\*.uc
Now, If I then add MyMod folder and its classes to where it expects it, i get the following error after another compile:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\Development\Src\MyMod\Classes\FTGame.uc(1) : Error, Missing 'Class' definition
Why is it now looking for my mod in the program files path? If I copy my mod to that folder there, it still does not compile and I get the same reported error.

And the FTGame.uc class is just a basic empty class that should compile just fine:

Code:
class FTGame extends ROGameInfoFirefight;

DefaultProperties
{
}
I am confused :confused:

Upvote 0
SDK Functionality/Fixes
4) Publishing support is coming soon (note Mutators can be run offline, but aren't supported for servers yet)

Any chance of the public release coming soon? what would it really hurt? There are alot of experienced users left out of the preview release that could really benefit from having this...

I hate complaining. But the whole way this preview release business has happened makes me pretty upset.

I love TWI and all your work, show me some love back?:D

Upvote 0
I still can't get the damn thing to compile.

I know my environment is setup ok because I can still compile my UDK projects just fine.

Funnily enough, since taking a shot in the dark, I installed Windows 7 SDK, and now it does not even register that I have a mod, let alone try to compile it lol.

I was also asked to try removing Supress=log from roengine.ini, but that setting did not exist in my ini file.

Upvote 0
I was also asked to try removing Supress=log from roengine.ini, but that setting did not exist in my ini file.
Is that the exact wording of what you searched for? Because you've spelled it wrong. :p

Suppress=Log

Also be advised that if you open your options menu in game, it will immediately put that entry straight back into your ini file.

Upvote 0