• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Intentional team kill situations

I have before. When a player named ro2sucks spent half the match complaining in chat, I took it upon myself to deal with the situation.

Haha I did that in BLOPS once when I had a free weekend, my name was "RedOrchestra>CoD". In most "long range" engagements I used tactical strategy (probably the maximum CoD can get) but in close range I was dominated by knives and twitchers...

Upvote 0
I've respected a lot of your comments about historical accuracy and such, in the past. This comment is complete idiocy though, stereotyping LMG'ers as such is really, really dumb. I support my team exceedingly well and always respond when people ask for an MG somewhere. I can also vouch that another individual in this forum can abruptly disagree with you as well. Please keep the stereotypical stupid comments to a minimum.

You misunderstood my post. I meant that it's not just lmg'ers getting VICTIMIZED by teammates planting themselves in front of their positions, but that these rude players do it to others, too. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

Upvote 0
All the allies who decide to sit back and do nothing on the fallen fighters map deserve to have a commanders or squad leaders bullet in the back of there heads.

QFT. It's hard for me to not put a TT33 bullet into the back of that idiot rifleman's head when I see someone camping the Allies spawn.

The only 2-3 people who have -any- right to be hanging back in that building are myself (and other LMGers), the sniper, and the commander. I can work miracles from the second story of that spawn, as that's the perfect range for the LMG. I can see and cut them down with ease, but they can't return fire or spot me. The marksman, natch, and the commander needs to be calling in arty and radio strikes, and he has a good vantage point from there.

Anyone else who hangs back needs a bullet in their bum to get them moving.

Upvote 0
QFT. It's hard for me to not put a TT33 bullet into the back of that idiot rifleman's head when I see someone camping the Allies spawn.

The only 2-3 people who have -any- right to be hanging back in that building are myself (and other LMGers), the sniper, and the commander. I can work miracles from the second story of that spawn, as that's the perfect range for the LMG. I can see and cut them down with ease, but they can't return fire or spot me. The marksman, natch, and the commander needs to be calling in arty and radio strikes, and he has a good vantage point from there.

Anyone else who hangs back needs a bullet in their bum to get them moving.

I don't think bullets incapaciting someone is the best way to get him moving...

But i agree there's no reason to sit back. On the other hand if some of these guys just run out to get shot constantly i'm not sure thats good either.

Upvote 0
I don't think bullets incapaciting someone is the best way to get him moving...

But i agree there's no reason to sit back. On the other hand if some of these guys just run out to get shot constantly i'm not sure thats good either.

Heh, it may not get -him- moving, but anyone standing around him will certainly rethink their decision to camp back... ;)

But yeah, running straight into enemy fire is bad too...

Upvote 0
In real life I would give him a quick shout an tell him to get out of mine line of sight. Though in real life I doubt he would be stupid enough to stand in front of a machine gun in the first place.

In the game i'll just shoot through him. His fault for poor awareness. -2 points is no biggie if I kill several enemy from the cap zone. That's at least 12 points.

Upvote 0
Heh, it may not get -him- moving, but anyone standing around him will certainly rethink their decision to camp back... ;)

But yeah, running straight into enemy fire is bad too...

lol yeah, maybe you should round them all up around the guy doing nothing, tell them to all come and see this, i'm sure you'll make an impression.

I was just thinking maybe the guys hanging back are just not capable of the real deal! running between grenades, heavy machine gun fire and artillery on fallen fighters is the real Red Orchestra test if you ask me.

Upvote 0
lol yeah, maybe you should round them all up around the guy doing nothing, tell them to all come and see this, i'm sure you'll make an impression.

I was just thinking maybe the guys hanging back are just not capable of the real deal! running between grenades, heavy machine gun fire and artillery on fallen fighters is the real Red Orchestra test if you ask me.

I love FallenFighters, but that might just be because it's one of the few maps that lets me stretch my legs and really dominate as an LMGer doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Nothing quite as thrilling watching my mates work their way up through the debris and crap under an umbrella of my fire, or watching Germans across the square drop as I open up on them and kill one of their buddies.

It's one of the few maps that really shows folks what a monster the LMG can be.

Upvote 0
I love FallenFighters, but that might just be because it's one of the few maps that lets me stretch my legs and really dominate as an LMGer doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Nothing quite as thrilling watching my mates work their way up through the debris and crap under an umbrella of my fire, or watching Germans across the square drop as I open up on them and kill one of their buddies.

It's one of the few maps that really shows folks what a monster the LMG can be.

You don't like sitting in the closed spots in apartments and mowing down Russians as they charge the basement?!

Upvote 0
You don't like sitting in the closed spots in apartments and mowing down Russians as they charge the basement?!

That machine gunner is bad and he should feel bad. It's like trying to fight CQC with a sniper rifle. Even on apartments I've figured out a few lanes where I can get some nice, long-range shots in.

Despite popular opinion, MG'ers are actually remarkably effective at supporting their allies, as long as their allies are actually taking advantage of it and applying pressure to the enemy. If they aren't preoccupied with the guys shoving SMGs and bayonets into their faces, you're an easy target. Left unchecked, you can basically annihilate the enemy team.

Upvote 0
That machine gunner is bad and he should feel bad. It's like trying to fight CQC with a sniper rifle. Even on apartments I've figured out a few lanes where I can get some nice, long-range shots in.

Despite popular opinion, MG'ers are actually remarkably effective at supporting their allies, as long as their allies are actually taking advantage of it and applying pressure to the enemy. If they aren't preoccupied with the guys shoving SMGs and bayonets into their faces, you're an easy target. Left unchecked, you can basically annihilate the enemy team.

I was doing fine, I had 53 kills by the end of the map. :p But I was rotating lanes of fire. I got about 10-15 in the prop. house stairwell. It is extremely effective because the walls in that room with the lockers are paper thin.

Upvote 0
I was doing fine, I had 53 kills by the end of the map. :p But I was rotating lanes of fire. I got about 10-15 in the prop. house stairwell. It is extremely effective because the walls in that room with the lockers are paper thin.

Oh, that's different.

Camping a basement usually means squatting in an unimportant corner of the map farming kills. You were defending a cap.

Upvote 0