• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Countdown, the underappreciated game mode

CD is fun, but I have to be ready to play it. It was really annoying in beta when no one had set up map lists and you were forced into games of CD.

It just plays so differently than TE or FF that it takes a little adjusting of your play style and expectations.

There's really nothing more intense than being 1 of 3 guys in the cap point though. You know there are Germans, they know there's you and something is going down in 2 minutes, one way or the other. It can be really nerve wracking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If there are any teams interested in holding regular practices, say 8 vs. 8 max, using the countdown mode, please reply to this post or message me privately.

Much love to those who are interested <3.

//Edit: The whole team, except myself, resides in NA, however we do not mind playing on European servers either, assuming the ping remains at ~180 tops.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Countdown would be so much better if it was designed so that the teams had a bit of 'pause time' before the round went live where they could look around their spawns a bit, figure out where they are starting, where they are going, and what they are suppose to do.

Currently it suffers a lot from the whole "I've spawned, I have no idea what I'm doing,... and I'm dead,... Alright, I'll sit here and twiddle my thumbs?"

Upvote 0
Countdown would be so much better if it was designed so that the teams had a bit of 'pause time' before the round went live where they could look around their spawns a bit, figure out where they are starting, where they are going, and what they are suppose to do.

Currently it suffers a lot from the whole "I've spawned, I have no idea what I'm doing,... and I'm dead,... Alright, I'll sit here and twiddle my thumbs?"
Simply play and learn along the way; the maps within this game are hardly complex.

Upvote 0
If there are any teams interested in holding regular practices, say 8 vs. 8 max, using the countdown mode, please reply to this post or message me privately.

Much love to those who are interested <3.

//Edit: The whole team, except myself, resides in NA, however we do not mind playing on European servers either, assuming the ping remains at ~180 tops.

Try checking out Roladder.net and posting in the match market forums; you're bound to find another team for at least a scrimmage match.

Or, if you want na, try the RO2 NA steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RO2NA

Upvote 0
I actually enjoy countdown with two focused teams. However, on an average pub server it is a campfest, and about as entertaining as watching paint dry :)

Pub play is obviously the problem, everyone gets legitamately scared and camps out. You cant count on anyone most of the time in pub games, and im not risking my 1 life for some1 who wouldnt do the same

Upvote 0
Greetings from |tb| Tactical Brotherhood!

We run a 24/7 CD server at 68.232.176.18:7777. It is hosted in Chicago. We generally begin to populate it at approximately 9 PM Eastern time each night.

Feel free to join us as we encourage tactical, slow, well thought out play. From our tactical perspective, there is no such thing as camping. Defenders are encouraged to defend and attackers are encouraged to attack. The countdown timer usually does the trick in our server to make sure attackers move. If that sounds like your game style -- come join us. We'd love to see you!

Upvote 0