• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF3 and why I will play RO2 more

No, Operation Metro was chosen because it features both longer range and close quarters combat which allows DICE to better assess damage and accuracy models of all the weapons in a wider range of situations. It was also probably chosen because it's smaller and would be less demanding on peoples hardware considering the game's un-optimized state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xendance
Upvote 0
Battlefield 3 - 99 bugs - YouTube

Oh,you guys thought Red Orchestra 2 was too buggy huh?

Another words, you are playing RO2 ONLY because the Battlefield 3 BETA has some bugs, not because the RO2 beta... or release client... or whatever has any features you like.

Congratulations on making a terrible post, and by the looks of the replies, completely backfired.

And don't even try to act like you did the same thing as I did, if you READ my first post in that topic, I was attempting to give constructive criticism but the fanboys took that as an attack on everything they know and love and decided to start bashing BF3 instead of talking about whats wrong with RO2

Upvote 0
Another words, you are playing RO2 ONLY because the Battlefield 3 BETA has some bugs, not because the RO2 beta... or release client... or whatever has any features you like.

Congratulations on making a terrible post, and by the looks of the replies, completely backfired.

And don't even try to act like you did the same thing as I did, if you READ my first post in that topic, I was attempting to give constructive criticism but the fanboys took that as an attack on everything they know and love and decided to start bashing BF3 instead of talking about whats wrong with RO2

dude I love that you have bad rep, and 0-1 have liked this post. You must have raged them out badly.

Upvote 0
You guys must never got a chance to play caspian. Metro is a pretty ****ty map, never going to play it again if I can help it. But caspian feels like a battlefield game...its awsome, metro is not
Such a nostalgia trip seeing the patience of 12 people waiting for the Jet, then the ensuing carnage when everyone tried to kill whoever was lucky enough to get it. Felt like BF.

Upvote 0
Such a nostalgia trip seeing the patience of 12 people waiting for the Jet, then the ensuing carnage when everyone tried to kill whoever was lucky enough to get it. Felt like BF.

That will die down in time. A lot of BF fans are in jet withdraw, considering BF2142 and BFBC2 didn't have any.

It is typically a very good thing to have 1-2 people waiting for the jet, that way you know someone will always be using it.

Upvote 0

FYI,the title and the post are just for laughs.Read my third post in the thread,thats why I don't like BF3 that much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That will die down in time. A lot of BF fans are in jet withdraw, considering BF2142 and BFBC2 didn't have any.

It only died down in BF2 when the player population did. We made a habit of shooting 40mm greandes into our own hangars as we approached, just to kill any team members that were waiting there prone to snipe their competition for the jets. It was that bad.

I only see that being more of an issue with today's players :p

Upvote 0
You know what?
I said BF3 would be bad, a little while ago in this very forum.
Now I'm 18h in, in the beta, and I take it all back.
It's an awesome game.
Hell, it's almost a Modern Era RO2 mod, even though more arcade.

It sure has its share of bugs and problems though, like client-side hitreg, it's the worst.

Upvote 0
Tough to argue that one.

Tough to argue but easy to ignore which is what seems to be happening.

And rechz its common knowledge its an old build they admitted to it on their forums I believe, Now whether or not these bugs have actually been fixed is anybody's guess. we will have to wait for the full release to find that out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The funny thing is, I was super pumped for BF3 but frankly after getting RO2 I can't really see myself having enough time/desire to really get into two shooters -- and feel I'm probably better off sticking to RO2. I'll get BF3 down the road, but for the next good while RO2 is going to be eating up my time. They're not really that similar, in my opinion; BF is very vehicle-oriented (though seems infantry combat is getting more attention) whereas RO2 is very infantry-oriented. Apples and oranges.

Upvote 0
I GET TO PLAY BOTH, gonna spend a lil tim away from HOS after BF3 is released, like a week maybe 2, and in my triumfit return hopefully any bugs left have been removed and stats finally fixed up.

PS. Who knows all this could be fixed in a week, and so you know i LOVE this game, Ive got 90 hours clocked in since release

Upvote 0
The funny thing is, I was super pumped for BF3 but frankly after getting RO2 I can't really see myself having enough time/desire to really get into two shooters -- and feel I'm probably better off sticking to RO2. I'll get BF3 down the road, but for the next good while RO2 is going to be eating up my time. They're not really that similar, in my opinion; BF is very vehicle-oriented (though seems infantry combat is getting more attention) whereas RO2 is very infantry-oriented. Apples and oranges.

This is where I'm at, as a middle of the road gamer. Before RO2, BF3 was all I could think about as my mainstay for the next six months. Now that I've played RO2 (and seen plenty of ho-hum videos from the Beta of BF3 in addition to good ones)....I can wait. I also want to see how Origin handles its players and if anything about it comes out after the release. I don't feel like being part of a trial experiment in online account handling.

Upvote 0
Its simple for me RO2 is a breath of fresh air even compared to ro1.When I play bf3 I just don't get the feeling of wow I have never done this before.It offers nothing new but jets to bc2 with some MoH thrown in for good measure .I grow sick of modern games all being the same style "arcade shooters". That's why I will play ro2 its truly unique and isn't a copy of any game. Besides maybe ro1 but it isn't a true copy of it with plenty of enhancements over the original.

Upvote 0