• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics help with anti tank rifle!

I am playing the German single player mission and I am on the training level with the demolitions and anti tank rifle, and I can't get past that level because I can't destroy the tank down range with the anti tank rifle! What should I set my iron sights too, and where should I aim, example above the tank, at the tank, at the back of the tank, etc.

No need to adjust the range, just put the sights right in the middle of the tank. It should blow up in just a couple of shots. Most of the time tanks are very vulnerable between the road wheels or just above the tracks. Take it easy and look for blasts and smoke puffs on impact. The tutorial mission also tells you when you hit the tank.

Upvote 0
No need to adjust the range, just put the sights right in the middle of the tank. It should blow up in just a couple of shots. Most of the time tanks are very vulnerable between the road wheels or just above the tracks. Take it easy and look for blasts and smoke puffs on impact. The tutorial mission also tells you when you hit the tank.

You'll know if you produced damage to the tank depending on the type of impact is displayed.

If you just get a plink noise with a puff of gray smoke, it usually means that round bounced off and did nothing.

If you see a large flash/explosion and a different type of noise, you penetrated the armour and should continue to focus on that area you shot. Remember that location in the future for when you are online and faced with a tank. Keep in mind that different angles produce different results, which means if you're on a different angle and shooting the same spot as before, it might not penetrate and will have to find another location.

It takes practice to know where all the sweet spots are.

If you think a specific spot has weaker armour than another spot, give it a shot and see. Sometimes you'll have to shoot at all kinds of different spots on the tank before you find a good area you can get a round through..... you can even be lucky with a shot and kill someone inside the tank. If you can take out the commander in the tank, sometimes that will make the tank automatically explode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO the tank should "wait" with that explosion a while. After everybody inside are dead, it should stay empty, quiet and dead for at least 10-20 seconds, before disappearing or taking fire and exploding.

The shooter would never know if he killed everybody or not, is the tank "safe" / completly knocked-out now, or maybe there is someone alive in there and it can start to rotate it's turret at any moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
I, for one, have no idea how to knock out tank's tracks. I shoot at first and last rings (wheels?), there are explosions but after 15 or so shoots I still can't knock them off and immobilize the tank.

I also fail to find right spots in Panzer's right and front armor (they are often exposed that way on the Comissar's House). Left side and back I have no problem - ammo store and fuel tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have killed a tank in a single shot while on Commisar's. I was in Comm North, in the three storey tower thingy, shooting down on the tanks right side. I hit somewhere in the treads and the entire thing went up.
I know i was undamaged because I had just seen it come around the corner from their spawn. I think I hit the fuel tank or something.

Upvote 0