• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trained soldier = can't sprint and turn

Regular person = can twist and kick multiple times before landing, and stay on target

I am merely stating that people are seriously underplaying the abilities of the human body, especially in life threatening situations.

Watch somebody do it in the game, then put up a Youtube video of you doing exactly the same in full military kit and carrying a rifle. Pull that off I'll give you $1000.

Upvote 0
Trained soldier = can't sprint and turn

Regular person = can twist and kick multiple times before landing, and stay on target

I am merely stating that people are seriously underplaying the abilities of the human body, especially in life threatening situations.

I hope that one day you see'll see the stupidity(might sound harsh, but couldn't find another word :p) in your theory.

Upvote 0
Those, and the clowns that dance from side-to-side strafing you with perfect accuracy, COD-style, while giving you no target because of bad hit detection . Sadly enough, I encountered my first bunny-hopper a few nights ago. How this clown managed to manipulate the game to allow this I have no idea, but he did. I chased the idiot all around a room firing with a G41 until I was out of ammo, then he shot me in the head. I agree, too much COD crap going on.

Trust me, there are people sad and pathetic enough to map key combinations to macros. For them it's not about enjoying a quality realistic gaming experience, it's about scoring points however cheap they are.

Upvote 0
Trust me, there are people sad and pathetic enough to map key combinations to macros. For them it's not about enjoying a quality realistic gaming experience, it's about scoring points however cheap they are.

I don't know why someone would give you negative rep for this post, it's absolutely true ... must be one of those guys using a 20 button gaming mouse with 35 macros set up to "pwn noobs" while engaging in a "realistic" war game. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't know why someone would give you negative rep for this post, it's absolutely true ... must be one of those guys using a 20 button gaming mouse with 35 macros set up to "pwn noobs" while engaging in a "realistic" war game. :rolleyes:

Special needers, same kind of mentality that gets a kick out of polluting the game with arcade CoD BS.

Reactions: SiFi and vyyye
Upvote 0
I've been enjoying the BF3 beta, I completely forgot how terribly broken RO2 was. Hadn't played in weeks and it's still as broken as the beta.

Pretty hilarious that RO2 is the only game to reopen the beta post retail launch. The game was built to pander to the "shooter" community. Maybe bigger maps might reveal a better game, but right now it's ****ty.

If you enjoy BF3 then you enjoy broken games. Talk about a spam fest.

Upvote 0
Personally in game, I can't zig zag. When I attempt, my soldier almost stops completely. Seriously. If I turn even a little, he starts to run extremely slow, and so far I've never seen anyone zig zag in game either. So I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

It's almost a certainty that it's W A D mapped to a macro. Macros should be considered a cheat and subject to a PB ban as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
No. You're the one making the claim, you back it up. :)

players can move in a high-speed zig-zag and the laws of physics are treated with contempt. A highly trained athlete wouldn't be able to do it, never mind a loaded great-coated soldier in the snow/on rubble, holding a heavy rifle out in front of him.

I provide footage of a regular person doing more than simple zig-zags. You want more proof than that. You provide.

Upvote 0
It's almost a certainty that it's W A D mapped to a macro. Macros should be considered a cheat and subject to a PB ban as far as I'm concerned.

+1. I've always figured the zig zaggers and side-to-side strafe shooters were macro cheaters, too.

People rationalize to themselves that they're not 'cheating" because they manipulate the game on the HARDWARE end, through mouse & keyboard manipulation software (macro generators), to make their character perform in ways other than intended, rather than manipulating the game code or downloading a "cheat" program. Neither realitiy nor the game allows a soldier to hop rapidly 3-5 feet from side-to-side, leveling a perfectly straight stream of fire directly at the desired location. A cheat is a cheat is a cheat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the OP. It's ridiculous. I don't do it at all, I run from cover to cover. I don't exploit any bugs intentionally, I play this game seriously as it's clearly (or almost clearly) not meant to be a spray and pray game but a serious, adult, WW2 enthusiast's game, and I play it as such.

I don't even use any other weapon than bolt action rifles, even at close range house to house fighting, because it's the weapon that takes the most skill to use, requires the most careful type of play to be effective with, and creates a sense of immersion I think as close as any game right now can bring you to the tension and adrenaline pumping seriousness of battle. With any kind of semi or full auto weapon you never have to worry about your first shot hitting because you know you can fire more immediately, but with the rifle 99 times out of 100 it's hit first time or die.

Went off topic a little bit but basically... stop playing this game like it's CoD. Even if you can jump around like a bunny and spin around like a dancer in full kit in the snow with a heavy rifle, refrain from doing it. Save that **** for the kids games, like CoD. Some of us are trying to simulate WW2 here.

Reactions: 5thSSDW.KGW~CO
Upvote 0
players can move in a high-speed zig-zag and the laws of physics are treated with contempt. A highly trained athlete wouldn't be able to do it, never mind a loaded great-coated soldier in the snow/on rubble, holding a heavy rifle out in front of him.

I provide footage of a regular person doing more than simple zig-zags. You want more proof than that. You provide.

No, I don't want videos of somebody doing triple back somersaults, it's not even remotely relevant. No human being can zig-zag like the avatars in the game, laws of physics won't allow it. When you see it, in your face as some lamer charges you from 30m with his bayonet you'll understand exactly what I mean. You should already know what I mean from watching somebody do it way out in open ground. It's simply not physically possible, inertia and momentum don't allow it.

Reactions: SiFi
Upvote 0
you must be really terrible at this game to get bayoneted especially someone coming at you zig zagging lol you're a joke if you can't kill him even with a bolt rifle. The only time I get bayoneted is when im behind cover and not watching my six and someone carefully sneaks up on me, that is it.

I have bayoneted many people simply because they are close to me and miss me on the first shot and then they panic I find it realistic, stop crying go play cod and bf3 with the insta kill knife from across the room action

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.