• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

Hey guy's i'm leaving ro2 cause i'm goin 2 play fifa 12 with guns! :IS2:
Ooh that gave me an idea for a RO2 mod (because we will have mod tools); soccer but with a live grenade:D.

But really I don't see how it's not obvious to some people that BF3 won't have mod tools because oit would directly compete with DLC. And licensing isn't the issue, infact it's kind of more difficult for TWI to put out mod tools considering they actually don't own the engine.

Upvote 0
i'm js red faction guerrilla. It's the only game i have seen so far with physics based destruction .. and i rememer walking around for hours just blowing stuff to pieces .. i think bf 3 is like .. if u shoot a rocket t here, this predefined geometry will fall off, and make a hole that looks exactly the same every time .. if ro2 just had that .. i'd be happy ,it was shown in a demo with a tank blowing up a large stone building piece by piece .. but never made it to the full game .. and they talked alot about fighting in ruins that got created by arty etc .. lol .. w.e. this is still the best game for no w. ;)

Upvote 0
More FPS games, better for us players. It looks good, plays good, but if I see that 1st person death animation once again, I'll puke.

LOL so true. After some more time playing the BF3 beta, I can say I am VERY disapointed. I was really looking forward for a sequel to BF2, and this game is indeed Bad Company 2.5. Which is unfortunate, really.

Battlefield 2 was much less arcade than the most recent Battlefield games, and most people nowadays seem to forget that. It's a real shame that the game ended up becoming a "less cramped-up CoD" with a bit bigger maps and a little destruction here and there.

I mean, aside from the incredibly bad preformance (I play RO2 of all high/Ultra AA fully smooth, on BF3 I have slowdowns while playing on low settings), the disapointing graphics and gameplay when compared to the trailers (I know, graphics don't matter, etc, but let's face it, everyone was REALLY looking forward to see how in the name of god they had managed to create the graphics they showed arround, and what I saw was such a letdown) and the linear mapping (might be just the one they chose for the beta, but...), the game just ends up being a console port rather than a sequel to the original Battlefield series.

Upvote 0
LOL so true. After some more time playing the BF3 beta, I can say I am VERY disapointed. I was really looking forward for a sequel to BF2, and this game is indeed Bad Company 2.5. Which is unfortunate, really.

Battlefield 2 was much less arcade than the most recent Battlefield games, and most people nowadays seem to forget that. It's a real shame that the game ended up becoming a "less cramped-up CoD" with a bit bigger maps and a little destruction here and there.

I mean, aside from the incredibly bad preformance (I play RO2 of all high/Ultra AA fully smooth, on BF3 I have slowdowns while playing on low settings), the disapointing graphics and gameplay when compared to the trailers (I know, graphics don't matter, etc, but let's face it, everyone was REALLY looking forward to see how in the name of god they had managed to create the graphics they showed arround, and what I saw was such a letdown) and the linear mapping (might be just the one they chose for the beta, but...), the game just ends up being a console port rather than a sequel to the original Battlefield series.
Well said, my points exactly. I loved BF2 & even BF2142 but this monstrosity of hype is nothing more than Bad Company 2.5 and is indeed a dumbed down console port. After downloading Origin then BattleCRAP3 and playing it I said to myself, myself I just wasted 2+hrs on CRAP because I couldv'e been playing RO2. But hey, on the bright side saved myself some money for not wasting it on CRAP (BattleCRAP3 that is).

For those hoping for Mod tools. You will be waiting forever because of two letters...EA

I guess we need to open up another subforum for BattleCRAP3 on the TWI Forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0