• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Start testing the new patch on the beta so we can help fix sound and stats issues.

Yeah, but there is an upside to having the beta started back up at least. If/when the really big issues have been resolved, maybe TW will let us continue to play test patches before they put them out.

More community input = better updates ???

Imagine the QQ on the forum if this beta patch was released to retail version.

ZOMMGG CAN'T JOIN TEAM ZZOOUUMMMMGGG BF3 RAGEEE

:D

Upvote 0
inception. give it some time for it to grow. people need to finish downloading the beta before they can start hosting. sheesh :IS2:​

I already got 2 servers, one of which i just cancelled, coz both of them were empty, and i'll probably switch the second one back over to Ostfront, its too late to ask people to host servers to test beta software when the playerbase is diminishing every day.:IS2:
Unless your willing to put up the cash to pay for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
Tripwire messed up royally when they decided to put in stats and tie them to weapon unlocks, and charge people extra to play 2 week beta plus overpowered lol weapons.

Game probably wont recover from this blow. Sad because people wanted to support tripwire, but tripwire seems unable to give people what they want.

Right now most of their efforts are going towards map optimisations and fixing stats, neither of which helps gameplay in any way, shape or form.

Only a fool would argue that game still isnt in beta right now.

When I bought ostfront, I got what I expected day 1, the game wasnt in joke beta state like ro2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and find that I've been downloading the beta without being ASKED if I wanted to do so. I'm just saying it's nice to ASK before downloading 8 gigs on someone's computer, that's all.

I think you should sue Steam for the emotional pain they`ve caused you...

After that , sue your mom for not giving you rocket launchers instead of hands when she gave birth to you... WHO IS SHE NOT TO ASK YOU WHAT YOU WANT !

Reactions: Overtype
Upvote 0
Tripwire messed up royally when they decided to put in stats and tie them to weapon unlocks, and charge people extra to play 2 week beta plus overpowered lol weapons.

Game probably wont recover from this blow. Sad because people wanted to support tripwire, but tripwire seems unable to give people what they want.

Right now most of their efforts are going towards map optimisations and fixing stats, neither of which helps gameplay in any way, shape or form.

Only a fool would argue that game still isnt in beta right now.

When I bought ostfront, I got what I expected day 1, the game wasnt in joke beta state like ro2

I'm really not sure how anyone could have bought RO2 and not been expecting all the exact gameplay mechanics & stat tracking that there is. TWI has done numerous interviews where the gameplay was directly shown for months before even the beta began. I can understand disagreeing with what they did on some points, but acting like they slipped it in without telling anyone is preposterous.

Functionality should always precede form, that's kind of a given. Sure there are balance issues and such, but having everyone be able to actually PLAY the game is more important for TWI right now then trying to tweak things in the game itself.

Lastly, RO2 I would argue is a larger and more ambitious game then ostfront and, as such, has more possibility of bugs and problems at release. At least we know TWI will support it for a very long time and we'll end up with a well optimized and well built game.

Upvote 0
Well got it all downloaded and everything and although i havent been able to play as theres no one on at the mo prolly cause its 2 am in the US, but still the first thing i did was check my stats.... and yay they are all at zero:)

No weird numbers or anything, favorite team set at TIE no weapon xp etc..

Now i just need to kill some folks so i can test the stats properly but i HOPE its going to work from now on and perhaps does this mean they do have the ability to reset the stats?

Upvote 0
But suddenly, I notice that my computer has been really sluggish, I hide the taskbar and find that I've been downloading the beta without being ASKED if I wanted to do so. I'm just saying it's nice to ASK before downloading 8 gigs on someone's computer, that's all.
Go sue Valve that they didn't implement a big warning sign, if a game suddenly decides to update.
But seriously, what's your beef? Are you like that also in real life? Complaining and *****ing about everything? I feel sorry for your surroundings then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
Go sue Valve that they didn't implement a big warning sign, if a game suddenly decides to update.
But seriously, what's your beef? Are you like that also in real life? Complaining and *****ing about everything? I feel sorry for your surroundings then.

It is slightly worse.
The RO2 beta just removed itself from library when game was released.
I then proceeded to delete the local files.

There was no way for us to prevent the beta to 'update' itself as steam still considered installed in your library.

Not the end of the world, but this is another little annoying stuff that added up.
I personally dont care but can understand that some ppl got upset with this.

Upvote 0