• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Caspian border is awesome, the gameplay is from another planet compared to operation metro. Performance is quite ok'ish, with my rig, i get 30-60 fps on a mix of high and ultra settings.

Do not base your judgement of the game on operation metro, it really is a poor level, with too many chokepoints, it really doesnt fit to the gameplay. Try to get to a caspian border server, there are about 20'ish of them, and they're allways full, and passworded, but the password gets leaked every time it's changed, best place to find out the new one is the BF3 uk forums.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
not to mention the crap that is origin, the metro map came from call of duty, 2-3 big spaces separated by hallways.

and the servers with the big map require a pass you have to search through the internet? what kind of beta and customer service is this?

You're not supposed to play the big map, yet. It IS BETA testing so they definitely want to test the smaller one first.

Upvote 0
Quick beta review:

A friend of mine convinced me to try this.

First, infected my computer with that Origin crap, then infected my browser with their battlelog plugin thing, downloaded the newest drivers to run the game with everything in ultra.

And I don't know where to begin,

Everything in this game looks so artificial, is not even funny, the effects are way overdone, is like a modern war movie mixed with tron, an american pop music video and hallucinogen drugs. The park map, looks as if someone eats lots of grass and then **** the green diarrhea all over the screen. And of course, the glitches, so much for a thousand trillion dollar funded project.

Even RO2 looks better, and I'm certainly not a fan of RO2 lighting and shading.

The gameplay is not satisfying at all, if feels as fake as the original counter strike despite all its good animations and everything. I'm glad they did this open beta so now my friends can't convince me to waste my money on the whole thing. While I'm angry at TWI for many of the RO2 decisions, at least their game is fun and satisfying to play, which can't say the same thing about BF3. I think that after playing this game, I appreciate RO2 much more than before.

Ostfront > RO2 >>> BF3

Yes, I compared them, you mad?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just managed to play a bit on caspian border and what can I say: W O W. Seriously blown away. After Op. Metro I was very skeptical because it felt more like a BC3 and while the graphics were ok I would've actually agreed with what Fedorov said about overdone effects/artificial looks. But now this. Wow. The scale of the map is incredible, the graphics suddenly look like 5 times better, the sound is even more incredible with jets flying over your head, tanks rolling bye etc. it just all comes together perfectly. Immediately I felt: this is a real battlefield game. So appearantly: Rush mainly for the more "casual"(as in not as hardcore as conquest) guys, conquest 64 however is the real hardcore battlefield deal. Nobody should judge this game having only played Metro.

Upvote 0
I played an hour or so

Can't bind mouse 4 and 5

can't chat

No voip

Server browser is crap

Graphics are not impressive at all way too much over done effect and it run like crap on a small map like metro

Kills are not satisfying

Weapon handle like crap

So many stuff to unlock that if you buy the game late you are screwed

Reminds me of CoD but with more people camping

No way to communicated for teamwork

Can't access option menu when I want I have to be spawned to change my settings which resulted in me being killed a couple of time trying to do my binding and fixing the video settings

Where is the full scale destruction

So far I'm really not impressed but I have to try the vehicule map

Upvote 0
I like how EA tried to reinvent the wheel with this Battlelog crap and ended up with a square.
Seriously, what is wrong with an ingame serverbrowser? Trying all kinds of different things, searching various forums and websites for a plugin download somewhere so i can play for over an hour now... but to no avail.
Just, so broken.

Upvote 0