• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

• Yes

Votes: 658 95.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 4.9%

• Total voters
Pff you think so?, didnt u readed what was the ram jaeger quote post said?

Its like by no answering it, i imagine they r laugning on us, saying "ahaha we lied to you guyz, and now you r a bunch of cry babies, we made our $$ so we dont care anymore, see ya around in the butthurted ppls world!".

I may be banned from the forum for this post, but what i care now, this game is like a ill person on terminal phase of cancer. U got like 20% of chance to survive with your surgery or you die.

Upvote 0
This is pulling numbers from thin air, but just for the sake of the argument (and I do agree overall, its just the numbers)..4k peak might still have 50k, 100k, who knows how many regular players. Some play only on weekends, some sleeping etc, then you have the majority that might play an hour or 2 a day if that, or an hour only on Wednesdays or whatever etc. So for every hour of the day you have different people coming and going. 4k concurrent players isn't too shabby for a game imo, not in terms of AAA run&gun games but for a realism shooter its not bad.

well this is a steam game and it keeps track of traffic, a "peak number" doesnt mean "well their could be 50k people playing for all we know" it means that was around the highest number of people playing that day. sure theres probably people who play the game with steam offline or somthing but im willing to bet they are a very small minority.

yesterday on sat, steam saw the peak as 4,700 players, that means that after that point the number of players playing went down. however you want to see it, you cant ingore the fact that this forum (and prticularly this poll) represents a very large portion of RO2 players currently playing the game. not a small minority that should be ignored like the devs suggest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A game like Eve Online for eg might have max of 50k concurrent players at any one time, but they have like 300,000 subscribers iirc. So 300,000 subscribe to the game (and presumably play when they feel like) but of those only 6% of the total might be playing at any one time.

Taken on a smaller scale, 4k concurrent players might be 20k, 50k, 100k. Its hard to tell but its a lot more than 4k total players with their own opinion on their game.

Forum communities need to be listened to though of course, but it has to be taken in context of the wider player base and I can see where TWI are coming from too. They have to be careful and be sure before making large changes. They should take this data 96% and look for other data that might support it, or go on gut instict or see what players in the game think (before people stop playing). To be completely fair I think the Mkb issue should be separate from the Bolt-SMG/Semi issue as it is mixed together atm and some who want reduced Mkb's may not want increased bolts. TWI should probably have an experimental game mode to see if the realism style servers would adopt it. Realism Beta or something. Since they have separate game modes they shouldn't upset any current players, it will just either be played more or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think we may lose less to BF3 than people think.

The games offer different experiences. Many people (myself included) don't even like Bad Company. I bought it for 6 dollars a while back and just can't seem to have fun with it. It's just too much like CoD.
RO2 on the other hand holds my interest and causes me much enjoyment with just about every match.

RO2 is also improving every other day. The devs are working hard and have also proven that they listen to the community (despite the communities lack of patience as of late).

Ultimately, if you want a unique new experiance that isn't the same stuff rehashed, you've got to go with an indie developer, and Tripwire is one of the biggest ones. They still have limited resources and its gonna take a while.

I personally know LOADs of people that have told me that they will come back to RO2 when the bugs are worked out. I myself will stick around because that game is already amazing as is and can only get better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
96% of the forum community could still be wrong since it only represents 0.01% of the actual RO2 players.

I kinda feel like they don't want feedback, or don't really give much value to it

If I count that 512 votes for "yes" right, more than 5 mio people are active RO2 players. Congrats TWI, you lost few realism freaks (myself included), but earn millions of customers!

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
The amount is pretty large for a vote, of course a forum is a small part of a games population. But this doesn't mean that all players that like realistic load outs are on these forums either.

There is a clear group that seems to want believable realism in the game, sure other stuff can be fun for another big group but some just want to be immersed into the world. A game can be liked by different groups through options. Just allow people that prefer to, to easily find a server with realistic load outs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The opinion of a minority usually reflects the opinion of a majority. The vocal minority always should represent the silent majority, otherwise things never change. That's how elections work in the US, isn't it?

Well I think that these forums might be more realism oriented than the general game, but then this is a suggestion for the realism mode of the game (or perhaps a realistc realism mode next to rexlaxed and realism)

Upvote 0
A game like Eve Online for eg might have max of 50k concurrent players at any one time, but they have like 300,000 subscribers iirc. So 300,000 subscribe to the game (and presumably play when they feel like) but of those only 6% of the total might be playing at any one time.

Taken on a smaller scale, 4k concurrent players might be 20k, 50k, 100k. Its hard to tell but its a lot more than 4k total players with their own opinion on their game.

Forum communities need to be listened to though of course, but it has to be taken in context of the wider player base and I can see where TWI are coming from too. They have to be careful and be sure before making large changes. They should take this data 96% and look for other data that might support it, or go on gut instict or see what players in the game think (before people stop playing). To be completely fair I think the Mkb issue should be separate from the Bolt-SMG/Semi issue as it is mixed together atm and some who want reduced Mkb's may not want increased bolts. TWI should probably have an experimental game mode to see if the realism style servers would adopt it. Realism Beta or something. Since they have separate game modes they shouldn't upset any current players, it will just either be played more or not.

but this isnt a MMO this is a FPS that just came out a couple weeks ago. im sure they couldnt have even sold more then 15k copies by now. and you keep saying theres probably more people (which i agree) but if they are not playing the game then doesnt that just say more about the game? sure they dont have to play EVERY day but im sure anyone who is even interested in a game can atlest manage to play it every other day or for a hour on the weekends. peak players for sunday was at 4,888, i think im gonna keep track of the players for the week and make a little experiment out of this lol. RO2 is gonna occupy some of my time somehow!

Upvote 0
Hey guys, new here, though I have played a lot of ROOST.

Somehow I have a hard time believing that the devs are actually ignoring this--after all this solution would make EVERYONE happy or at least the vast majority, including their hardcore, long term player base. Ignoring 95% of this forum would be foolish in the extreme imo. Maybe they're just considering how to respond?

Voted yes.

Upvote 0

Somehow I have a hard time believing that the devs are actually ignoring this--after all this solution would make EVERYONE happy or at least the vast majority, including their hardcore, long term player base. Ignoring 95% of this forum would be foolish in the extreme imo. Maybe they're just considering how to respond?

Voted yes.

Gameplay is not top priority until major issues are sorted. Their top stuff was VOIP (fixed), stats, performance and CTD's. Which is what they should be working on for now. Doesn't mean its not worth discussing gameplay though, they will most likely look into it eventually, or leave it to mods. Would be better with dev sanctions stuff so more servers will actually try the different modes though, and will mean people won't give up on the game as fast if more servers get the gameplay they're looking for in a tactical shooter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TBH I would like a territory match with just bolt-actions, rather than semi/autos camping there objective. And not doing what there job is, that is to attack. Don't get me wrong I want some support guns holding on in the defensive. Thing is I feal that giving out auto weapons should not be by choice. I think at round start only squad leaders have acess to them, and after three wave spawns. the guys who have been the most agressive. In capturing points get grouped into a assualt squad. And then there is a six man squad with subs. Semi-auto weapons should be left out, as should anti-tank. Reasoning? There were only a very small number of semi-auto rifles in both the German & Russian army. And anti-tank rifes were not effective and needed more than one man to carry. Infact there only use for them was during the koren war as sniper rifles. (I mean the Russian ones that loaded one shot at a time, almost like a cannon cant remember the name now)

Upvote 0
I like ww2 games for the variety in weaponry. When everybody got semis and assault rifles it starts feeling like a modern combat game. Something I personally absolutely do not like.

I rather have semis and assault rifles be rare and when you use them being able to cause havok. Rather than everybody having them by default, and in the times when you do not have them be ****ed over.

Upvote 0

Voted yes.
You haven't spent enough time here. They've been ignoring a lot, trust me. Ramm recently said that the forum only makes up 0.1% of the fanbase, so I wouldn't expect too much from our silly polls and concern threads.

Upvote 0
It's pointless, the game has changed into a RO1-Black Ops-BFBC2 hybrid, they don't want to give up their attempt to attract "traditional" FPS gamers away from Treyarch & DICE, and we no longer have a truly "realistic" (as much as a game can BE "realistic") alternative. They're also are fully aware that this is as close as we're gonna find at the moment, so they can ignore our complaints in full confidence that 90% of us would NEVER leave for COD, nor most for BF3, either.

It is about MOOLAH, kids, not "loyalty." Wake up.

Upvote 0
There is less than 2000 people playing right now during peak US peak hours.

The game has lost around 80 percent of its player base in a little over 2 weeks. Thats is almost unprecedented, just like the amount of fail this game is.

The devs "balance" decisions arent pleasing anyone, realism or cod crowd, and quite frankly whoever made these decisions should lose their job unless they are the games only coder, which seems to be the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Playing RO mod and RO1 for years I was really looking forward to the release of RO2, hoping it would be more realistic and different compared to the mainstream FPS market.

I enjoyed the beta, but after the release of RO2 retail I lost interest in this game within a few days. Although the core of RO2 is awesome. But this rank system with almost futuristic weapon upgrades and this automatic weapon spam has nothing to do with a realistic FPS game.

Ironically I tried games like CoD black ops or BFC2, while I was waiting waiting for the release of RO2. Both games entertained me at least for some weeks, more then RO2 did.

I'm not a fan of arcade shooters and I will never be, but sorry TWI arcady gamplay is much more entertaining in these games at least.

So far I have few hopes left that TWI will turn the tide of RO2 gamplay to a realistic game, after all the response we got form TWI staff.

Upvote 0
Playing RO mod and RO1 for years I was really looking forward to the release of RO2, hoping it would be more realistic and different compared to the mainstream FPS market.

I enjoyed the beta, but after the release of RO2 retail I lost interest in this game within a few days. Although the core of RO2 is awesome. But this rank system with almost futuristic weapon upgrades and this automatic weapon spam has nothing to do with a realistic FPS game.

Ironically I tried games like CoD black ops or BFC2, while I was waiting waiting for the release of RO2. Both games entertained me at least for some weeks, more then RO2 did.

I'm not a fan of arcade shooters and I will never be, but sorry TWI arcady gamplay is much more entertaining in these games at least.

So far I have few hopes left that TWI will turn the tide of RO2 gamplay to a realistic game, after all the response we got form TWI staff.

If Black Ops had a comprehensible spawn system, playing it in hardcore mode would be far more enjoyable than this is atm, because at least everyone has an even chance since you can pick your own weapon, rather than the first half to load the game wins, the other half gets to be the targets for all the Mkb42 & MP40 jockies.

Upvote 0
I would like to see 'realism mode' completely do away with ranks, stats and unlocks, let alone the Mbk. All gone.

So that's 'Hero' mode for the game as it currently stands, and 'Inflexible sad bastard who can't accept the PC games are inevitably changing into something he don't approve of' mode for me, and i guess a few others like me.

Reactions: TheGoden
Upvote 0