• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rudeness, respect, common decency, constructive criticism & complaints

What I don't understand are all the posts bemoaning the game's failure, crying betrayal, predicting the death of the game in a week...

Yet the game has only been out for about ten days! And the three patches have done a fair job of solving some problems. I'm confident that the game will run perfectly in little more than a month, at which time whatever gameplay changes the community is advocating for can be considered.

If Red Orchestra was an MMO with a monthly subscription fee, I would understand some degree of anger over a rough release. However, your $34 pays for the game's entire value for as long as you have it on your steam account! Even if you consider the last week's problems to have made the game worth only $2, I guarantee that the remainder of its value will be more than compensated for by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
What I don't understand are all the posts bemoaning the game's failure, crying betrayal, predicting the death of the game in a week...

Yet the game has only been out for about ten days! And the three patches have done a fair job of solving some problems. I'm confident that the game will run perfectly in little more than a month, at which time whatever gameplay changes the community is advocating for can be considered.

If Red Orchestra was an MMO with a monthly subscription fee, I would understand some degree of anger over a rough release. However, your $34 pays for the game's entire value for as long as you have it on your steam account! Even if you consider the last week's problems to have made the game worth only $2, I guarantee that the remainder of its value will be more than compensated for by the end of the year.

Hear, hear. Good post.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I've basically stopped playing the game and checking the forums because of the player base.

The game runs fine for me. I get a solid 50-60 FPS and have to have something major going on to have things drop to the 40s. My ping stays decent, and I rarely suffer noticeable lag in the servers with good pings to me. (Oddly enough, a fair few in the UK, I'm on the East Coast of Canada.)

But the constant whining, in game, and on the forums.

X is broken! There is too much Y, this game is going to suck. You only won because you were abusing Z. Russians NEVER win (Despite having just steam rolled the Germans the round before the whiners came on and spent more time complaining about how the team they got stuck on can never win than they spent playing.) RO1 was SOOOOO much better,...

Frankly, I had enough.

I'm now building a Newtonian telescope in my free time after work. (Only on the forums now because a server at work went down and I'm killing a few minutes while the tech lead gets it back up.)

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Only reading first post:

We don't need instant perm bans to take care of the forum. Banning people is just going to be equivalent of throwing vitriol on an already nasty wound and would be bad for public image and this community. As much as I disagree with myself , everyone should be able to state their opinion(Within limits). While I hate the nasty acidic posts that people make as much as you do, mass banning is just going to make these forums look like a power hungry government.

What needs to happen is active use the of the report button for obvious troll/nasty threads/posts to be selectively taken care of, installation of "Don't feed the trolls" signs and possibly a couple new mods to keep up with the increased demand on the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with OP.

For people claiming to be devoted TW fans, they certainly don't remember RO1 at release or Killing Floor for that matter. This is their most ambitious game yet. Of course there will be bugs and balance issues.

You CAN complain about them. That's very good and what the forums are for.

I've personally adamantly complained about:

PPSH should start with drum mag
Less German Assault roles as MP40s were not common
Less Russian MG roles as MG 34s were more common
PPSH unlock for German Assault should be earlier
Prototypes should be Elite rifleman only and NEVER the default selection
Germans seem to have a bias on most maps
Default should not be 2 person difference on teams (i.e. 20 vs 22)
Suppression should last longer and greatly effect aiming. Less effect on vision.
MGs should cause more suppression and keep there heads a bit lower
Base sway should be slightly increased
T34s should have a tiny bit better armor
End of round should still have a "text chat" available
Teams that are low on players should get slightly faster respawns sometimes.
Servers should scale squad selection to "current players on server"

I've also reported LOADS of bugs, but many of those have since been fixed. They are working on it and despite all my suggestions I still enjoy myself enough to play it a LOT.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All of those quotes are still true. You have increased sway when low on stamina,
press shift and its gone.

Heroes have a selection of the best/rarest weapons in the game
Like every other assault dude.

About the only thing that is arguable is rare weapon availability, which came later on with the DDE edition, and it was announced at the time the DDE was announced.
Where it was said that every freaking assault dude would have a fantasy gun?

Also where is the ingame option to get the native voices for your team?

Upvote 0
All of those quotes are still true. You have increased sway when low on stamina, Heroes have a selection of the best/rarest weapons in the game and stand out visually.

About the only thing that is arguable is rare weapon availability, which came later on with the DDE edition, and it was announced at the time the DDE was announced.
I've played as a hero several times and i haven't had access to any rare weapons that I don't already.. like the MKB and AVT. These are available to anyone who preordered DDE or achieved veteran level assault. Is something broken in regards to this system because I figure it's meant to max out your weapons 'stats' so everything is unlocked but that doesn't seem to be the case

Upvote 0
All of those quotes are still true. You have increased sway when low on stamina, Heroes have a selection of the best/rarest weapons in the game and stand out visually.

After sprinting out of stamina, hold your breath and tell me it isn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Go back to bed old timer, jk.

But no, not when TW has disrespect back in their post, call their customers out, and overall rude post sometimes themselves. What comes around goes around.

Most importantly, The customer is ALWAYS right. Yea, some people are rude, but again, what I said earlier....

Well no the customer is often wrong and/or stupid :p speaking of my RL experience...tho there's plenty of derps here. And I see what the OP is saying, and I hate to say it but its not going to happen, this is the internet, people are going to be as rude as possible over small things. You think weapon sway is too small? You are stupid and you've never fired a real rifle before!! (ignoring this game is a war zone and not a firing range, and they probably haven't even fired one in a range either.) Sure there's some threads of civil discussion but I find those are mostly about things in the game that are universally seen as bad, such as tank rubberbanding and such.

Upvote 0
kudo's to you OP, i was actually thinking about doing a similar thread just earlier today, but never got around to it.

One thing i HATE about TW site is the rep system, its pointless, take the thread in my signature for example.. i did that to help people, and look at all the negative votes it got, when all it is, is a post trying to help people.... i've even said stuff in other threads that are helpful and people instantly give negative votes..

TW... get rid of this stupid rep system.

EDIT: id actually hate to say it too.. but sometimes the CoD community is more mature than the people on these forums.. and thats saying something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0