• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

My fps before patch was 14 - 16, and after patch it is the same. (medium graphics settings)

Wow man. How the hell do you play with 14 fps??

I just played a few more rounds and my fps is definitely way worse than before. Played on 2 -3 maps and the results are all pretty bad.
I even tried with settings all on low - same results. This is not a great way to keep/build a decent player base.

Upvote 0
- Added the ability to enable webadmin through the commandline. This will allow you to override what is in the ini files, thus fixing up any issues with inis getting overwritten by updates. To enable webadmin via the commandline add EnableWebAdmin=True to the "?" separated commandline parameters. To set the webadmin port add WebAdminPort=<DesiredPort> to the "?" separated commandline parameters.

Thankyou for the assumption that everyone running a server from one of your officially approved GSP companies is an expert who immediately understands what any of that gobbledegook means.

Thanks also for the sterling attention to pressing queries in the technical 'support' forum.

Sorry if I sound pissed off but it's because I'm pissed off (that's pissed-off lingo for frustrated). Server not in the browser, can't even connect to it by direct IP, and I have not a clue whether it's down to a bug or there is some kind of extended waiting time for a server to go live on Steam. That'll be because there is NO info to be found on the TWI forums concerning it. I have spent the last SIX HOURS banging my head against the wall, for want of a simple stickied thread/post in the 'support' forum explaining what should be expected while setting up an official GSP server. :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We have figured out what is causing some people to lose frame rates. We will be reverting the sound loss fix (it was the cause). Servers won't need to update.

Why not leave the open beta available with a few dozen servers both in europe and us, so you could test the patches there? I would gladly test the newly available patches as soon as there's a steam announcement (as it shows up now for the actual game).

Upvote 0
A required update for RO2 has been released. Changes include:

- Fixed a bug where all sound would sometimes cut out when the map changes
- Various crash fixes for server and client
- Client performance optimizations
- Single Player Fix - fixed "double music" playing when loading the game from a checkpoint
- Added the ability to enable webadmin through the commandline. This will allow you to override what is in the ini files, thus fixing up any issues with inis getting overwritten by updates. To enable webadmin via the commandline add EnableWebAdmin=True to the "?" separated commandline parameters. To set the webadmin port add WebAdminPort=<DesiredPort> to the "?" separated commandline parameters.

As usual it does not fix anything it doesn't say it fixes, nor will it make you more attractive to the opposite sex :)

As a heads up, we are continuing to work on the following:
- VOIP
- Stats
- Crashes
- Optimization

i was realy hoping to be more attractive to the opposite sex with this patch lol.
Thanks twi for your continuous efforts

Upvote 0