• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Accurate Review So Far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No funnily enough your big momma didn't help me with it, I suppose she's still to busy wiping the dribble from your mouth to help her little man. How did you know she calls me little man? I suppose every ones little to her though lol. The walls at your house must be thin.

Wow. Talk about a 10 year-old. Really? Those are your retorts for one that is attempting to claim the "higher road"? Wow.

Upvote 0
Often I will go to metacritic for my reviews,

oh dear...

however I only read the user reviews as they are the only trustworthy sources of feedback.

and I make my opinions based on talkback radio, because it is fair, balanced and trustworthy, with well-thought-out opinions voiced by all members of the community. Which is why I think we should burn more coal, because it's cheaper and those crackpot "climate scientists" are talking bull****, because the planet's just the same temperature as it always has been...

Upvote 0
Just a "review" --- MY opinion --- like the one you started this thread with. I just simply noticed that you were attempting to grab the high road here and then you go and act like the bully on the playground in 1st grade. I thought maybe if I reminded you or helped you see that you were the one responding childishly, then you would recognize it and stop. If that isn't enough and now you wanna talk about my mom too -- go right ahead. I tried to help you from making a bigger dick of yourself than you are already doing. I'll leave you to your own destruction then...

Enjoy yourself.

Upvote 0
oh dear...

and I make my opinions based on talkback radio, because it is fair, balanced and trustworthy, with well-thought-out opinions voiced by all members of the community. Which is why I think we should burn more coal, because it's cheaper and those crackpot "climate scientists" are talking bull****, because the planet's just the same temperature as it always has been...
I get my opinions from Fox and Friends because it's a well thought out and trustworthy source of info.:D

(sarcasm ftw)

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
I agree with the review, RO2 definitively sits on the fence with regards to what type of game it wants to be. Appealing to multiple audiences might be a good way to sell many copies of a game early on, but long term it will be the death of this series.

Its been proven time and time again that you cant make a game that pleases everyone, its best to focus on one thing and go really hard at it and make something great. I think all this ambiguity from the game means RO2 becomes very forgettable, especially when there are other games like Battlefield3 and the production lines of CoD games coming out.

Reactions: stayBlind
Upvote 0
Sure, if you see the implementation of 'Last Stand' and 'Regenerative Health' as something different.

I'm pretty sure what makes the RO2 last stand different from other games, is the fact you dont fall down and magically have a pistol you never started with appear in your hand. You know, your screen goes black and you actually have a hard time doing anything in RO2.

On a different note, I'm not sure how anyone could say this game is 4/10 or even 6/10. Sure I have some complaints but just like RO1 I have enjoyed RO2 just as much, not to mention the free content they will release in the future for a game that costs less than the mainstream titles.

Things I'd like to see change:

1)the bandage system: make it more realistic and if you get shot in the leg, not be able to run like nothing happened.

2) I really hate when I shoot someone with my k98 or mosin nagant, and they can take a bullet and still stay iron sited. Then they just shoot me and bleed out after. I mean come on, can someone really be aiming down the sites, take a bullet, and then act like nothing happened? I'm sure they'd lower their sites no?

Upvote 0
Excellent review. It's absolutely not biased, the author really applied himself with eloquence.

People who call it biased are those who would rate it 9/10 or 10/10 saying something like "Some bugs but they'll be fixed! Awesome game!!!". I guess they call any review that scores under 8/10 "biased".

I personally wouldn't have given it a 4/10 but rather a 6/10, but that's a personal opinion, and one can disagree with an opinion while admitting that it's unbiased and rational.

Upvote 0
As far as the review goes, I also score the game a good bit higher than 4/10. I'd say for me, even in it's current state, I would say 7/10. When tools are released I think the game (once modded to the specs our community prefers) moves into the 9/10 range.

All that said, I think there is much in the original review that is true. I think it IS trying to straddle a fence. It is almost awkward sometimes in games because during a single round I can feel the "zero tactical, madly frenetic pace" of a round in BFBC2. Yet later, during that same round, I can experience that deeply immersive feeling that sucks me right into the realism of the moment. It is almost awkward...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4/10 is not even fair. This game isn't perfect, but part of it was because they failed to nail their deadline like they intended. Doing a review right now is honestly silly. I'd wait a month or two and THEN do a review to be completely fair. Currently, I'd give this game a 6.5/10. The ONLY reason it's a 6.5 is because it's simply not finished like they had intended it to be. When everything is worked out in the future, I'd say this game is easily an 8.5. I've played both hardcore sims and arcade shooters a-plenty, and this does a fairly decent job blending both of them together in it's current state. That review is overly critical when it shouldn't be at this point in time.

+ some of you are saying it covers a lot but masters nothing and you're forgetting that the mod community is relatively strong here.. at the very worst, they will answer the call if TWI doesn't get to it. I wouldn't be worrying about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.