• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's next for TripWire?

Faneca

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
With the release of RO2, the question of what game TWI will develop next keeps poping up, especialy with the super hype allready formed for KF2.

Now here is my 2 cents on this : No Red Orchestra game should be developed for a good 6 years to make HoS age well and become a modern day Ostfront in terms of player base quality and skill aswell as not to saturate people with another similar game (I'm looking at you CoD/BF!).
Even with a LOT of people wanting KF2 (myself included) I don't want to see it right now.

I think TripWire should start on something new that they haven't seen before.
But before this, I think TWI should take a small break from heavy duty game making and focus on updating good ol' KF and RO Ostfront.

One thing I think could be VERY VERY good is to, in some way, incorporate Carpathian Crosses, Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum together, and if possible, with Ostfront.
The integration of all this under 1 server browser with the same features (but NOT the same content in all. Mortars in Ostfront games should not appear).
Such a thing with all the RO2 mods would also be very nice. Having everything under 1 or 2 roofs helps everybody a lot play with more people more frequently and not get saturated due to lots of variety.

What do you think?
Not sure if this the correct section or not tough.

PS : How about a Insurgency remake? A lot of guys at TWI worked in the Mod team of it IF I am not mistaken.

The Official Insurgency Trailer - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormer and Murphy
I think their next move is Rising Storm followed by indie projects (perhaps Age of Chivalry, Planetstorm, or that diver vs shark game) and then probably KF2 even if I would prefer a different kind of FPS (Rainbow Six or SWAT style) or something completely different (maybe the Spanish Inquisition?).

However I think RO2 will keep them busy for a while ...

Upvote 0
What's next for Tripwire? Red Orchestra on consoles of course. RO2 is halfway there in terms of dumbing down.
If it weren't for the 4 infraction points I currently possess I'd give you a lovely answer.

As for TWIs next project, I hope it won't be KF2 but either something cold-war-gone-hot like or something future warfare. But I'd prefer the first setting because there's quite a gap inbetween BF3 and ArmA in terms of realism. On the other hand going MW/cold-war era would mean directly competing with CoD/BF which won't end well.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
What's next for Tripwire? Red Orchestra on consoles of course. RO2 is halfway there in terms of dumbing down.

Don't you have some chores to do? Why don't you go and make your bed or wash the dishes, instead of posting stupid comments? :cool:

If it weren't for the 4 infraction points I currently possess I'd give you a lovely answer.

Or you could pm that lovely answer to me and I'd post it here. I have not infractions at the moment :D

Upvote 0
lol infraction points black market because of influx of ro-2 whiners...:D brilliant gentleman..brilliant. :eek:

Considering you'r now on vacation, I guess you should have purchased something special on the market, next time you will know better!

:p

As for the OP

FPS suggestions are:
KF2
Vietnam Era game with a mix of RO1 & RO2 flavour.
Korean war

Last edited:
Upvote 0