• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The leveling system is a cancer within the game.

Don't tell me improvements don't matter....

Don't tell me improvements don't matter....

What are you people on about, saying the stats don't matter? Have you _looked_ at the bonuses you get? I'm only level 25 with say, rifles, but already ~10% average improvement for aim time, etc.. It's a significant advantage.

This in my eyes is a perfect example of what's going on with the levelling system in RO2. Now fellow Charmed has invested a lot of time and effort into the game and probably through his real-life experience, became a better player. He will know the maps better than many other players that didn't invest as much time as Charmed and probably he already knows greatly how to balance or handle weapon sway. All of this is legit and just normal for players that learn the game.

However, what I find is ridiculous is, that Charmed gets additional bonus for being more experienced already. ~10% improvement for aim time. Cool! The new players, or players with less time to play the game have another disadvantage. And it will just increase over time.

Why the hell are unlocks/achievements (that in general I am not completely against) changing the game mechanics, if I might be allowed to call that? Instead of increasing skills mecanically, why not allowing charmed to unlock other skins/uniforms/boots/socks/underwear or even girlfriend picture for his avatar? This would create enough strive to the normal player to achieve them and bind him to the game.

I mostly played Spartanovka so far as the map voting system is a bit confusing to many players I assume. And I see the Russian team almost always winning, because the GER Squad Leader is too busy with laying down spawn exit artillery all the time, rather than throwing smoke. In 90% of the times, the Germans failed to cap the last objective because of now smoke near the building. The Squad Leader was the same person round by round and I am pretty sure that his k/d ratio is high, but the w/l on maps is very low... For me, it's the opposite now, if I wanted it or not....

@Charmed: I am not trying to bash you at all mate. You stated urself that the unlock system is unfair and I just used you as a realtime example. Hope that's okay with you.

Upvote 0
@Charmed: I am not trying to bash you at all mate. You stated urself that the unlock system is unfair and I just used you as a realtime example. Hope that's okay with you.

S'okay. I'm pretty awesome. I'm just :confused: at all the people saying to ignore stats and such, when they give you significant boosts to your combat potential. All else being equal, the player with a higher rank will win an engagement. Most of the time it comes down to angles and timing, but sometimes it is just who is higher ranked with the weapon or class or both.

Upvote 0
All else being equal, the player with a higher rank will win an engagement. Most of the time it comes down to angles and timing, but sometimes it is just who is higher ranked with the weapon or class or both.

And that's exactly my opinion. In comp gaming, the player with the better rig or ping is already having a slight advantage. Giving players advantages because he is allowed more accuracy is just insane. Even 3% less weapon sway could already be the decisive 3%...

Upvote 0
This game doesnt need progression.

Personally I feel that progression is a great system because it makes you feel like a individual in a game, which is great for games like CoD.
But in games that revolve way more around teamwork, especially with a good touch of realism, its not needed and sometimes feels just rightdown stupid.

I pick the old RO1 system any day of the week over the current one in RO2.

Upvote 0
having progression makes the game funner for some people, some people like having a reason to keep playing a certain class etc, having better control over your weapon after leveling it up is cool because it just simulates being battle hardened vet who is no longer just a grunt and if efficient with their weapon. It almost simulates a rank system moving your way up from private etc. It isn't that exactly but I welcome the system. You don't have to CARE about it and just play the game you know? play on unranked servers if you don't care about it.. that's simple enough.

Upvote 0
Never liked games that have this "get more points for better weapons" system. I got RO and RO2 because I like the realistic theme to the games. I don't mind stats for kills, honour etc...that's fine.

Just something about this system doesn't sit right with me. I'm still playing RO at the moment due to current issues with RO2 and may get back into it when they've cleaned out the bugs. Seems to me RO is a simple, easy and less cluttered game compared to RO2.

Well that's my two cents anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i went form honor rank 8 to 68 by joining a server and shooting my gun once. not even killing someone, just firing. so either i got in a xp glitch server, or stats are busted.

Dude my stats are totally ****ed. I played about 14 games and I've somehow reached Honor lvl 52, have 3000+ kills, 500 deaths.

Yeah, the stats are pretty messed up to say the least. I'm not sure how the unlock system even works now.

Upvote 0