• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give the MkB and AVS to Elite Riflemen, not Assault class

Oddball_E8

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
Sweden, near lund
It would limit it to 2 weapons per side witch is perfect.

if people have the choice between MP40 and MkB, 90% of them will go for the MkB witch is unrealistic.

it was a Rare and unusual prototype. Not a standard frontline weapon.

As for the AVS, it seems to be the opposite... only those who have never fired it will pick it regularly over the PPSh or SVT.

Witch is fine as well... it was a very rare weapon.

Speaking of, soldiers were only allowed to use it in full auto mode on the direct orders of their officers, and that usually only happened in the most dire situations. The AVS should default to semi-auto instead of full-auto.

I'd honestly pick the AVT over most any other weapon besides the bolts. That gun literally DESTROYS once you get used to it. I think most everyone uses that gun on semi auto though, but I know I sure don't!

Tap the trigger on full auto. 2 shot burst nearly instantly, no one survives. Aint no bandaging, aint no bleed out, you dead. Love that gun, it's so brutal to use.

IMHO, the guns should go to assault though the more I think at it. The assault class is supposed to be the guy going in and wrecking shop down in the junk. Rifleman somewhere a bit further back. Though I do agree that 2 (or even 3) would be just right for those guns. It's great that they are there as something different but when they are that common it ruins the novelty.

I'm also pretty sure a near endless wave of enemy all up in your grill would qualify as "most dire" in the real world. ;)

Upvote 0
I'd honestly pick the AVT over most any other weapon besides the bolts. That gun literally DESTROYS once you get used to it. I think most everyone uses that gun on semi auto though, but I know I sure don't!

Tap the trigger on full auto. 2 shot burst nearly instantly, no one survives. Aint no bandaging, aint no bleed out, you dead. Love that gun, it's so brutal to use.

IMHO, the guns should go to assault though the more I think at it. The assault class is supposed to be the guy going in and wrecking shop down in the junk. Rifleman somewhere a bit further back. Though I do agree that 2 (or even 3) would be just right for those guns. It's great that they are there as something different but when they are that common it ruins the novelty.

I'm also pretty sure a near endless wave of enemy all up in your grill would qualify as "most dire" in the real world. ;)
Yeah most people seem to be using the AVT as an SVT and when you start doing that theres no reason to pick the AVT. AVT is really good once you get the accuracy and timing right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, in general the number of semi-auto and prototype weapons needs to be toned down a bit.

sure, on a full 64 man server it might not be a problem, but ive played on a 64 man server with 30-ish people playing more than once and it just feels like im not playing in WWII any more, but korea or some post WWII conflict with the number of semi-auto and full-auto weapons around.

not only do you have a ton of them to pick from the start, but each time someone dies you can be sure theres a bolt-action guy pickin up that semi-auto or full-auto, meaning most of the time theres twice the number "allowed" on each side.

I went as a spectator and recorded this video today... it doesnt feel like WWII to me, with the ammount of semi-auto and full-auto fire you hear and see...

i rarely hear a lone shot, its always some semi-auto plinking away or a full-auto weapon firing bursts...

RO2game.mp4 - YouTube

Sorry for the low quality, i had to convert it to upload it...

Upvote 0

Funny... my pathetic little bolt action rifle seems to do the same thing. Except I only need ONE bullet.

IMHO, the guns should go to assault though the more I think at it. The assault class is supposed to be the guy going in and wrecking shop down in the junk.
Actually, the SMG is much better for that. It's smaller and lighter and thus quicker to turn and settle. The Assault Rifle was invented because SMG users kept getting killed before they could get close enough to assault. So they made a compromise weapon. It could fire smaller rounds rapidly, so it was lighter than a rifle and capable of being used in confined spaces, and yet it still fired a large enough round through a long enough barrel to be accurate and effective at typical combat ranges.

The real problem is when they die. It starts out as 6, but people picking them up whenever they see them makes it more. At any one time there may be two MkB's in use for every player issued one.

This is why I think they should not be unlocks, or even a selectable class for that matter. It should be given to a player (maybe the one with the most kills, but not necessarily the most points) during the game.

He chooses assault, or whatever, but if he does well, he spawns with the MkB. But when he dies, he doesn't respawn with it. The gun is still in play so it stays there. Once whoever is carrying it dies, and it eventually fades out of the game THEN it can be reissued to another player. In other words it should be the number of MkB's actually existing in the "world" rather than the number of people who are issued a never ending supply of them.

If you were forced to abandon a top secret prototype in battle, for whatever reason, do you think they'd give you another one?

Actually, that makes for another cool bit of immersion. If you are issued one and get killed, you'll be motivated to go back there and try to recapture the gun before it fades or someone else claims it... just like you would really do if you left a top secret prototype sitting on a battlefield. That's a small bit of immersion that is missing from the MG.

Because you simply respawn with one, no one is that interested in supporting the gunner, or picking up dropped guns. You know that the gunner got killed there, and he'll have another one in a moment, so no need to risk your life to recover it.

In a real infantry unit, the machine gun is the most important weapon on the battlefield, and NO ONE would willingly abandon one. Picking up an enemy rifle is quite rare. You may do it for a souvenir, but you wouldn't be thinking of fighting with it, at least not after you can get your own weapon back. Ammo alone can be too much of an issue for it to be worthwhile. But you would never leave an MG behind, not even the enemy's. You'd take it just to make sure he can't get it again and use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0