• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A solution to the Mkb/Avt problem

Bergler

Sep 15, 2011
Everyone seems to be hating these weapons so here's my suggestion:
Let's try and get TWI to make them exclusive to the commander class. They were extremely rare and I suppose it would make some sense that only the most high ranked officers get access to them. Of course, this only applies to the Territory gamemode, and I don't have any solutions for the other modes at the moment. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
I wouldn't mind is only squad leaders had this weapon.... but then we have the same issue as commanders having this weapon... Crappy squad leaders who join just for the weapon.

Would it be EXTREMELY weird if it was only Assault that got these weapon?
I have a feeling that's why they didn't do it...

Yeah.... this solution doesn't seem to work for me.

Upvote 0
Yeah make it even better by limiting em to commander. Everyone will just go commander only for the gun.... then we will only have uselsss commanders who dont care about the role but more about the gun.

So what? Every time I connect the marksman class is already taken. And I'm glad it is, cause it's completely useless and non-satisfying. I take my Kar98 and earn 130 points in 1 round, get the option to overtake my teammates class, choose marksman and earn only 60 in the next round. I earned 60 because I played it like I play the Kar98 (cap objectives), normally it would be only 30ish.

Upvote 0
i say it should be up to the server however a good standard setting should be assault get the special weapons heres why. as a assualt troop your job is to kill people and follow orders so naturally having a more capable weapon makes sense. while as a squad leader is suppose to give orders there for he doesn't need a gun to go rambo with. while it might not be realistic is a game balance to what they have now. ;)

Upvote 0
I dont want to get into the ,,is the weapon OP or not , discussion``.

But you cant make it commander only , since it would be an Unusable day 1 unlock that people payed for.

( 1 commander , on 4000 or so Beta testers )

yeah and I guess we need to give the semi auto snipers to every other class because only marksmen get it currently.

there's nothing in the preorder information that says that you will always have access to the gun only that it's unlocked. they could make it only in the single player campaign and it'd still be fine

Upvote 0
I have decided euh suggest the following:

-reserve this gun for the hero class.

-If no hero in game: 1 player with highest rank may opt to take one at beginning of game. If he does not the gun goes to the next in rank.

If all are heroes, the game limits MBK 42 availability to only the first spawn. Upon re-spawn regular army guns will be available only and if you want an MBK 42 you have to get one from the ground.

As lowly foot soldier I'll be a happy camper getting myself one from a hero after I hunted him down with my ancient MN bolt rifle.

O and refund everyone who applies his or her day one access fee for MBK 42.

Upvote 0
So what? Every time I connect the marksman class is already taken. And I'm glad it is, cause it's completely useless and non-satisfying. I take my Kar98 and earn 130 points in 1 round, get the option to overtake my teammates class, choose marksman and earn only 60 in the next round. I earned 60 because I played it like I play the Kar98 (cap objectives), normally it would be only 30ish.

Right, but the marksman is just a useless kill-farming class. The commander has some major responsibilities, and if he's not spending most of the match squatting next to a radio he's kneecapping his team by removing their most powerful abilities.

Upvote 0