• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

I haven't played the game since the patch came out yesterday, but I do understand the frustration of some realism players at the included weapons, it is over powered and everyone has one, but just hold up a sec and get a little perspective.

Modern gamers, scream for all sorts of bells and whistles, demand extra's within a game, I mean lets face it most modern gamers have the attention span of a chipmunk on speed. Just look at the way all modern shooters have gone with "Achievements" which are pointless and really for people with fragile ego's (oh stretch epeen I got 10 gazillion head shots with a pistol, i am the best) but they demand these extra's and after all Tripwire is a commercial company and for its own survival it needs this game to be a commercial success, not just a game loved by a very small number, you may not like that you are not the only person in the world, but get used to it.

Part of the agreement on the pre purchase of this game in the DDE version was access to these weapons early for anyone that bought it, no can you imagine these forums today, if all servers had capped the new weapons at 1 per server? Everyone would be in here screaming about how they cant use teh weapon they paid to access, they want a refund, the games crap.... and on and on it goes. Either way Tripwire could not win, this way everyone gets access to the gun, what they paid for. Now I know our clan will have its guys looking at server configuration and limiting these weapons and access to them, WHICH WE CAN DO BECAUSE TRIPWIRE FULLY SUPPORT PC GAMING, and will be giving us a full dev kit and allowing us to modify the servers to suit our particular needs.

Stop all this whining and *****ing, you wanted realistic weapons with realistic ballistics you got them, now just give the clans and those that run servers a chance to get the balance right, because at the end of the day, it is for server admins to set up the configuration and to balance the game.

I mean what happens when you get given Rising storm? Are you going to come on here and ***** because the USA has the Gerrand, the Carbine, the BAR and the Japs have no semi auto or full auto weapons, cry about balance but you still want realism? The Germans had better weapons that the Russians, historical fact, yes maybe these experimental weapons were not used in Stalingrad, but they did exist, they did have the capability that Tripwire have given them. And players want variety, or they whinge they are bored. You may hate it, I may hate it, hell I played MoH:AA for 3 years n the same 3 maps over and over just because it was a great game, can you imagine that happening today?

The Action junkies will soon leave, leaving the rest of us to play the game the way we like, with a fully configurable server and game. My clan looks at this game as the future of clan gaming, having been abandoned by the likes of Activision and EA who only want to screw us over with

Upvote 0
If you play in most servers and look at the kill tracker in the top right, you'll notice the majority of the German team's kills are from the MKB.

It's not the same game anymore as far as I can tell. Yes, that's my opinion but I'm entitled to voice it. Call it whining.

I play RO games to get the most authentic WW2 FPS shooter experience. 99% of soldiers in WW2 used standard infantry rifles, mostly bolt-action. The whole +/- balancing of SMGs vs Rifles vs MGs that IMHO worked great is completely ruined by 9+ MKB42 guys.

I really didn't expect it to make such a huge impression on me. This is the first time I've just been nerd raging at this game and genuinely upset with TWI for whatever is going on with this majority non-bolt action rifle nonsense.

Upvote 0
Yeah wow, jumped on with my usual weapons as unlocks dont work for me.
Usually play as German but to balance teams went Russian and saw so much slaughtering going on with the MKB, found one myself and did some serious slaughtering too...

Absolutely ridiculous, basically no recoil, super accurate, ruins the game big time, get rid of it completely, especially if it wasnt in the real battle

I'm hoping in a few months when the jig to get more people to play via unlocks becomes redundant (everyone's got everything), then we can get a patch which turns it back to RO Ost style...including no stupid weapons/unlocks etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
As I posted in one of the other many threads raging on the Mkb42/AVT40:

1. Take the Mkb42 away from the German classes that have it now, and make a new class maybe something like was suggested "Elite Assault" with a limit of 1 per 32 person and 2 per 64 person server.

2. Take the AVT-40 away from the Russian classes that have it now, make it an option for the current Russian MG class and increase the Russian regular Assault class by 2 on a 32 person server and by 4 on a 64 person server.

EDIT:
Just so you know, I mostly play KAR-98K........love my boltie! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, now they've kind of painted themselves into a corner. Take them away, make the realism people/balance people happy. Take them away, make the COD types who've been happily window camping with them move on to MW3 when it's released. Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. But, they did it to themselves with this silliness.

Seriously can we stop with " anything that isn't realistic enough is only popular with people who play bloody cod!!?! " It is beyond tiresome and complete nonsense!

Upvote 0
Chill

Chill

I think this problem will get solved in due time, for now just play the game and be proud you are playing it from the very first days of its existence.
Later we can all remember and laugh about the ridiculous times when everyone was running around with Assault Rifles...
:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
The people moaning about it are probably just the cheapskates who didn't want to buy the DDE and are annoyed that the real fans got a decent weapon without level grinding.

You know what i think Tauris ? I think you are a BAD TROLL a ROOKIE and the further from a REAL FAN one can possibly be.

People that didn't buy DDE have acess to the DDE weapons right now, as the system is bugged, and still many of them share the same fellings as the REAL FANS

no REAL FAN is happy about the way the MKb is implemented. Still, NO ONE is moaning about the gun itself.

Nezzer over there got it right, was it for balance sake, why not lots of AKs ?

Stop trolling your usual crap around the forums. :mad:

Upvote 0
I got the DDE

And i refuse to play with this weapon, it completly ruins the gameplay, MP40 is OP, MKb42 does that double

For god's sake stop with this unproductive crap.......the MP40 is not OP! Geez, seriously some decent range is the only thing it's got going for it. It has sway, it has recoil (commensurate with it's much SLOWER rate-of-fire). I DO think ALL SMG bullets should be almost considered "less-lethal" at the extreme ranges people seem to be killing with them and that's how they should be "adjusted" and not indiscrimminately called "OP" and then nerfed.

The Mkb42 is modelled about as accurately as I think it could be. Balancing the the world's first "assault rifle" (since it has now been included in the game along with the AVT-40 which also likely didn't see much/any action in the battles depicted in this game) means limiting the numbers of them on maps and NOTHING MORE!

quoting myself from a few posts above:
As I posted in one of the other many threads raging on the Mkb42/AVT40:

1. Take the Mkb42 away from the German classes that have it now, and make a new class maybe something like was suggested "Elite Assault" with a limit of 1 per 32 person and 2 per 64 person server.

2. Take the AVT-40 away from the Russian classes that have it now, make it an option for the current Russian MG class and increase the Russian regular Assault class by 2 on a 32 person server and by 4 on a 64 person server.

EDIT:
Just so you know, I mostly play KAR-98K........love my boltie! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO the perfect solution to this would be to add a sub class to the assault as someone stated above ( elite assault) and strictly limit it to mabie 2-3/team on 64 player server and 1-2 on 32 FOR REALISM SERVERS.

Let the regular players have their KOWADOODY run and gun in Normal mode.

I disagree with having it a server-side option. That would be a mistake, because it would only serve to split an already fragile community.

Upvote 0