• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Internet Disconnect when joining servers

Had the same issue and followed advice found on this forum and the steam forum.

Use the Steam server browser instead of the ingame server browser.

Doing this also stopped the need to keep restarting the game to workaround the 0 servers issue because you can alt-tab out of RO2 to the steam server browser again and find a new server.

To access the steam browser - right click on the steam icon in your tool tray and choose "servers" then, once it opens, filter the server browser to show only RO2 game servers.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Doing this also stopped the need to keep restarting the game to workaround the 0 servers issue because you can alt-tab out of RO2 to the steam server browser again and find a new server.

To access the steam browser - right click on the steam icon in your tool tray and choose "servers" then, once it opens, filter the server browser to show only RO2 game servers.

Hope this helps.

Confirmed. I have the same issue and this workaround allows you to browse servers and connect without killing your router.

Upvote 0
Getting a similar issue even after the last fix. The server browser populates, but after refreshing or re-sorting the servers a few times, it stops loading them altogether. Exiting the game and restarting it is the only way to get servers to populate again.

Another thing I noticed is when I exit the game because of the server browser issue, my internet stops responding for a minute or two. Troubleshooting never finds anything wrong with my connection, yet I am unable to load pages, and sometimes my connection even disconnects entirely (briefly).

Upvote 0
Theres been about 10 other threads about this issue now.

I have it as well and im happy enough with my solution. I dont think its a problem on tripwires side, thats what ive heard anyway. Some routers are just crappy and ours are included in that list. Why tripwire uses the ports it uses or whatever though, is beyond me. Ive never got this in any other online game.

Anyway, the solution

Open steam web browser - gametracker/search/ro2
Copy an ip of your choice from one of the servers
Press f3 To open the console in the main menu, type open followed by the ip you just copied.
Eg. Open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a NetGear router and I have noticed that if I refresh the server browser that it sometimes returns zero servers as well. Sometimes I can refresh several times before this happens, sometimes on the first refresh. But at some point, it will show zero servers.

It does not shut down my internet however, I can Alt-Tab out and browse and post forums etc. I have also noticed that if I go back into the game after several minutes that many times servers begin appearing again in the browser.

Not sure if its related to everyone else above, but I didn't want to start yet another post about zero servers showing in the browser :p

Upvote 0

Hope this helps.
This helped me too.
The ingame browser always kills my internet and my router isnt that old.
Same problem with BC2 in the first months, then DICE patched it.

Upvote 0