• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reviews

You kinda make it sound like Battlefield 3 is not going to be a valid choice for game of the year, let alone first person shooter of the year.

I've only played the Alpha test, but seriously, Battlefield 3 oozes of quality, from top to buttom.

It's no shame to admit that Battlefield 3 is hands down the better game over Red Orchestra 2, but you gotta remember that Dice/EA combo is giving them a gigantic budget versus what Tripwire can afford.

By no mean is Red Orchestra 2 bad in it's core gameplay, but it has a lot of launch problems right now.
Game of the year? Are you serious?:confused:

Upvote 0
Thats kind of a bull**** rev to be honest...
I dunno I agree with some of it, namely;

- The cover system is too rigid and clunky to be useful or suited to this style of game. I don't use it, and knew it would be like this the minute they announced it (cover systems are always **** though tbh).

- The graphics while massively better than old RO are still nowhere near what UE3 can produce and run unacceptably poorly for how they look. I also agree on the animations, aside from the great third person movement animations everything else does not look as good as old RO (which had some of the best looking weapon animations ever).

- I agree the gameplay doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, several things are hardcore, like damage and dying. However the shooting with its lack fo real sway, instant aiming, zoom and focus is way too easy. It doesn't fit in my opinion.

I still like the game and will play the **** out of it but the reviewer there does make some fair points, even though the review itself isn't particularly well written.

Reactions: melipone and vyyye
Upvote 0
I fully expect RO2 to be released on consoles and ;

A) Look better and run at an acceptable framerate

and

B) Be a downloadable title

I really hope this is sarcasm simply because the amount of controls/options there are would make it impossible for a controller. You'd end up having to dumb the game down, and they aren't going to want to do that.

Upvote 0
It's good, SP campaign is just MP with bots and some narrative though, I played about 5 minutes of the Spartanova(sp) SP campaign until I realised I could be doing this same thing but with real people and much more brains involved.

MP needs more maps, I thought we'd have a fair amount more maps than the ones that went through the beta.

Once the crashes is sorted out, then the optimisation. Hopefully they can start focusing on gameplay tweaks, I think the ranking system more or less kills mod support in the style that RO1 had so in general there needs to be more reliance on TWI to do things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game is awesome, no problems.

The optimization problems kill the game.

When tripwire fix this problems we may be looking at the FPS of the year ( mw3 is the same thing over and over and i dont how BF3 will be )

Sadly I don't that that is anywhere close to happening. RO2 will most likely not get mainstream enough to garner the requisite attention to become FPS of the year. Battlefield 3 will probably mix up gameplay enough on the PC to drown out RO2 for any top spots besides realism titles.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I disagree with the review on gameplay, but gameplay is subjective. He seems to like the arcadier end of the spectrum. That's fine, but that's not what I want.

I didn't have any crashes, so that won't bug me. My performance is great at Ultra, so I'm happy with that. Since the reviewers experience included crashing and bad graphics, of course he's going to note that in the review, and rate accordingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0