• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

MorningstarPA

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
I have not, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether you have. We all know of the optimization issues still plaguing many users (though I myself have been lucky enough to have it run fairly well) that seems to be the major source anger on the boards.

But it's amazing to me that the simple things are so buggy. Server browser going offline, achievements not registering correctly, stat progression not being tracked, and weapon unlocks not unlocking for the people that paid for them. There isn't even a manual included with the game!

I have to say that I respect TWI for working so hard to fix these issues, but I do not believe they should have put themselves into this position. I would frankly be embarrassed to have released a game in this state.

Perhaps they will get these things sorted out; for the sake of the community, I certainly hope they do.

g10135nfkhq.jpg

Upvote 0
I have not, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether you have. We all know of the optimization issues still plaguing many users (though I myself have been lucky enough to have it run fairly well) that seems to be the major source anger on the boards.

But it's amazing to me that the simple things are so buggy. Server browser going offline, achievements not registering correctly, stat progression not being tracked, and weapon unlocks not unlocking for the people that paid for them. There isn't even a manual included with the game!

I have to say that I respect TWI for working so hard to fix these issues, but I do not believe they should have put themselves into this position. I would frankly be embarrassed to have released a game in this state.

Perhaps they will get these things sorted out; for the sake of the community, I certainly hope they do.

Should play Dead Island, releasing the Dev build over steam for the midnight Launch and even with the correct version its still buggy, now don't get me wrong I still love me some Dead Island, You must not play many games, there is always something that goes wrong or crops up at release, If you know tripwire they are working their hardest to get these fixes out, they have always been an awesome Dev team that pulls through.

Upvote 0
I would have rather had another delay.

My stats do not save. The tank AI is retarded. The game is not too stable and keeps crashing. The server browser seems to get stuck all the time.

I trust that they will be fixed. I would have rather played the beta for another week though. This might also hurt the game's review scores.

Upvote 0
Empire Total War still isn't fixed...

What's the point of having large oceans and multiple continents if the AI refuses to transport troops across them?

But RO2 is certainly in the running for disappointing releases.

Hearts of Iron 3: For the Motherland, which is like the sixth or seventh version of Hearts of Iron *still* can't do proper naval invasions and is barely adequate with transporting. The EU series has similar problems.

I'm just pointing that out because that's a dedicated grand strategy game and they can't figure it out. For whatever reason, water is a problem for AI's everywhere.

Upvote 0