• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats updating deaths but not kills/xp? Really?

Played on a server for about 2 hours:
230 kills
40 deaths (for the jackasses thinking I'm bragging about K/D in a RO2 game, go **** yourselves it's used as an example. Artillery is hard guis hurr hurr)

Manually disconnected from server and my stats went from that, to 8 kills 0 deaths (the last round's stats), to 130 kills 38 deaths, and then on the final refresh it ended up at 99 kills 39 deaths. All the exp from kill 99 to kill 230 is gone for the classes and the kills themselves have vanished from the kills/deaths stat page.

What gives? Something is clearly horribly broken here. I'd like to actually, you know, progress towards the unlocks you guys insisted on including. (yes, I'm playing on ranked servers)

I've now crashed 3 times (good to see the crashes from beta are back btw, you managed to briefly fix them) and been disconnected from a server twice and each time this happens, the deaths update just fine but my 30+ kills and ton of xp don't update at all? Are you kidding me?

Edit: None of the accuracy stats of weapons have updated either, they're all sitting at 00.00% and I know my aim isn't THAT bad. I've also gotten a couple achievements for things I know I haven't done yet. Jesus christ, tripwire.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightriderAOF
Well, back in the days of pure Ost Front gaming, a player got better by learning the game, and developing their real skill, instead of fictional skill.

That's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Unfortunately tripwire decided to include unlocks in this game, so regardless of your notion of "fictional skill", you're at a disadvantage without them.

I've had my kills go from 150, to 90, to 8, to 130 even now without ever crashing or DCing. Something is horribly broken.

Upvote 0
Don't worry about it. Very few (if any) people coming from RO care about that stuff.

What the hell. Dont worry about it? The game is broken as hell and it was released today. This could've used another month of testing it seems.

And I come from ROOST, I want stats and progression working. Don't try to speak for a large group of people.

Upvote 0
it happens

Bad Company 2 with the release of vietnam had everyones stats go wonky and unlocks disappear for a few days

server loads need to be adjusted i suppose
also make sure its a ranked server
i know in beta i had stats not being tracked for a while by playing in non-ranked

the best way to look for ranked is to try TWI official servers
that fixed it for me in the beta

Upvote 0
What the hell. Dont worry about it? The game is broken as hell and it was released today. This could've used another month of testing it seems.

And I come from ROOST, I want stats and progression working. Don't try to speak for a large group of people.

Broken as hell?! For serious?
Most issues i think are just some minor/easy to fix things, and TW are really fast at updating their amazing game :)

Upvote 0
I kind of do, mostly for the increased ammo and reload speeds.

No offense, but I think that gaming paradigm is a bit old, and not so interesting.

I think a more interesting gaming paradigm would be one where a player's in game actions produce a result instead of a player's time in game producing a result.

This would make real heroes, and they would appear as a result of their actions, not a random generator.

An example of a heroic event generation:

You kill two enemy at close range with SMG in less than 10 seconds. The software reads a table that says the event will allow the player to experience one of the following:

1: Be immune from bleedout messaging for 15 seconds
2: Reduced recoil
3: Give morale boost to team (well, this happens anyway)

These are examples.

So, what is more interesting? Getting reload speed up by 10%, or nailing 3 guys in rapid order from 15om and getting a hero bonus? What would you have everytime you log in, a 10% bonus, or the possibility that you (or someone else) going to pull off something so rad that you will experience a new hero effect?

The table of possibility can only grow.
Steam achievements linked to hero effects.

Upvote 0
No offense, but I think that gaming paradigm is a bit old, and not so interesting.

I think a more interesting gaming paradigm would be one where a player's in game actions produce a result instead of a player's time in game producing a result.

This would make real heroes, and they would appear as a result of their actions, not a random generator.

An example of a heroic event generation:

You kill two enemy at close range with SMG in less than 10 seconds. The software reads a table that says the event will allow the player to experience one of the following:

1: Be immune from bleedout messaging for 15 seconds
2: Reduced recoil
3: Give morale boost to team (well, this happens anyway)

These are examples.

So, what is more interesting? Getting reload speed up by 10%, or nailing 3 guys in rapid order from 15om and getting a hero bonus? What would you have everytime you log in, a 10% bonus, or the possibility that you (or someone else) going to pull off something so rad that you will experience a new hero effect?

The table of possibility can only grow.
Steam achievements linked to hero effects.

This isn't a thread about your opinion on what the stats/progression could've/should've/would've been, it's about the one Tripwire chose being broken to hell and back.

Upvote 0
I just played in an offical TWI server and it did NOT record stats.....

Seems to randomly record stats at certain times with no rhyme or reason. I have seen it record some kills from one map, and no kills on another map. On official TWI servers listed as "Ranked."

It is basically the exact same bug observed and reported during the beta...

Upvote 0
Bumping this. Come, tripwire. Atleast an official response? I paid an exta $10 to support you guys and so did a ton of others no doubt and we don't have our unlocks and can't even progress properly? Sigh.

I already accepted the performance issues/server browser issues/crashes from beta as being atleast somewhat improved this past week, but you guys didn't fix this from the beta to release? The same problem was reported numerous times.

When your experience is either the server browser literally killing your internet, to getting a crash that was fixed in beta and is now back, to finally having an OK game and then your stats don't even get saved? Pretty disheartening to continue playing.

and seriously, tripwire fangirls/apologists, I'm thrilled that YOUR particular experience isn't hindered and plagued with issues. Be happy, and stfu. It's not like that for the majority of us if this forum is of any indication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's all a plot by Evil Megacorporation TWI to troll us poor paying customers and make us rage on their forums. Can't you hear their maniacal laughter? "HARHARHARHARHARHAR! WE ONLY TRACK DEATHS! WHO'S GOT THE BEST K/D-RATIO NOW???!?!?!!!! HARHARHARHARHAR!!!!!"

I'll admit, I lol'd. I'm actually not peeved about the K/D, it's the fact that the deaths update fine but nothing else does -_-

Upvote 0