• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wounds should have a larger impact on gameplay

skullman86

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
I've been screwing around lately in-game trying to get injured, and I cant see the difference between being fresh and being shot. Is this a bug, or is it intentional? Because I don't really see the point of having a human skeleton on the HUD if it isn't going function like one would expect.

I'm not a realism freak or anything, but the wound mechanic was one of, if not the best feature in RO1, and I think the effects need to be ramped up a little. Wounds should be noticeable, and the effects should vary based on the areas of impact to make the game interesting.

Torso - lower stamina (halved?) + slower regeneration
Below the waist - slower running speed
Arms - more sway + slower bolt cycle (based on which arm is hit) and reload

You shouldn't need new third person animations for any of the effects either, just make it so the player feels like he's been shot; it would add a ton of depth to the gameplay.

Another thing that I've noticed is explosive damage doesn't register on the skeleton. I hear my character whining about injuries long after I've felt the blast from some grenades, but there is no other indication that I have taken damage. I did some tests with the engineer class and it seems that I am, in fact, being injured because I can survive 1 satchel or 2 grenade blasts, but anything after that (from the same range) kills me.

Something to show explosive damage would be nice; maybe a yellowish color around the skeletal structure to indicate shrapnel wounds or shell shock.

Isnt it enough haveing your character whine and complain and give away your posison enough? =)

Just an idea for leg wounds, they would slow regular movement, but you'd still sprint at the same speed (with a penalty to max stamina) but every few steps your vision would be blurred from pain via depth of field change or something.
both of these combined would be awesome.

Upvote 0