• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you had to rate RO2 today...

If you had to rate RO2 today...

• 1-4 (Poor)

Votes: 33 7.7%
  • 5-7 (Average/Good)

Votes: 151 35.0%
  • 8-10 (Very Good)

Votes: 247 57.3%

• Total voters
i would have to give it a big fat 3
don't say I am a RO hater
i have over 2k hours on RO1
but if they release the game like this
the reviews will kill it
30- fps on a high end computer
PB kicking you because of lag
crashing not IF but THEN
the game play can be great but if it will not run
great game doesn't matter
I HATE giving RO2 a 3
But when the sever browser it broken
the game crashes
and you spend more time trying to run the game than playing it, then a big fat 3 is really a high score
:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
and a more refined class/squad/unlock system, would probably bump my vote up.

Last and MOST important thing. Playing with friends is almost not viable. Constant team swapping and no way to keep in the same squad as your friends means that team work falls apart.

This is the main issue for me and my clan mates and friends. The squad system is almost soo clunky and unfriendly that it's very nearly enough to stop us playing as stupid as that sounds.

We would much prefer to see something easy to use like the squad system from WaW (yes, cod i know..), but where you can get in game, create a squad and invite players into that squad.

Other than that and the odd crash, we are really enjoying the game :)

Upvote 0
I voted 1-4 (Poor), and if I had to be specific, 4/10. The problem is with the un-patchable bugs (animation bugs seemingly inherent in UE3 for example) and "features" that this game forces upon you. My synopsis follows:

When I began playing the beta, I would have easily given the game an 8 or a 9. I would sit down at night and play until it was daylight, then go to bed and dream about it. It was an amazing game. But then, as I started to put some solid marathon hours into it, I started noticing things. Bad things. "Cannot deploy here" and the dreaded "Cannot prone here" chatspam began to haunt my dreams. The cover system would place me into cover when I didn't want it to, and wouldn't when I did. The steady drop in framerate after patches, skipped spawns and broken SL spawns, poor interface and "lag-tillery spam" brought my fun to a screeching halt. I find myself playing less and less, with every time I quit the game being a ragequit.

Not raging at the players though, as I thoroughly enjoy the shooting and general battle mechanics. The base game, without all the stupid extras (bandaging, I am looking at you :mad:) is what I would have expected the next evolution of RO to be. Instead, we get broken "features" which don't fit the spirit of Red Orchestra at all. They only serve to impede what the game was trying to accomplish in the first place, and to me, ruin the whole "RO" experience.

The biggest problem with RO2, is that it just can't be itself. It's trying too hard to be too many different shooters at once.

Reactions: Zookerman
Upvote 0