• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning: You are in a protected area.

Vintage

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Searching for survivors.
This annoys me more than anything else in the game right now. I'm being a man and actually attacking and then the game decides I'm too awesome and executes me. Sometimes it happens instantly, and even when it doesn't it only gives me a few seconds at most to avoid being executed for being too good at the game.

It would be nice if the areas of the map that are protected by magic would give a few more seconds to exit before executing you.

It can be unforgiving I remember the first time I did this in RO1 was in a full halftrack trying to flank an enemy position being a noob on the map I ran us in the out of bounds zone ......Boom 8 team kills lol was auto kicked from the server for my pro driving skills :eek:

LOL that is awesome. I think I just played with you btw, my name is Inner Universe on steam. I was gunning you down with the PPsh if you are the guy I'm thinking of.

Upvote 0
LOL that is awesome. I think I just played with you btw, my name is Inner Universe on steam. I was gunning you down with the PPsh if you are the guy I'm thinking of.

If it was in the last 4 hours wasn't me took nap:cool: but I play alot im sure we will see each other out.Tons of Gunthers in RO but I was the first hehe besides that npc that ran around in ro1.

Upvote 0
I don't mind the "You walked all the way around to shoot them in their spawn and got WARNING: Protected Area DIE!"

What really Irks me is when I take a forward position in Territory and am fighting intensely with enemy units and then suddenly they take an Objective that my team couldn't hold and Suddenly I cease to exist. That really annoys me. There I am duking it out with some enemies and out of no where I'm suddenly too far forward.

It's like I advanced so far that Stalin thought I was behind and thinks I am disobeying Order 227

Reactions: Olivier89
Upvote 0
Besides the main spawn area the reason you guys are running into protected zones is because. When you fail for protect the capzone and the enemy captures it.Their spawn is moved to the new zone when you loose a cap its a good idea to move to the next zone and protect it if not your camping the enemy spawn.

If you guys wouldn't ignore the capzones and play territory the way its designed to be played you wouldn't be running into these zones.On the other hand if you just want to roam the map and go wherever plz try firefight its just a death match and has no capzones.

Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0
You mean when you go out of bounds or when the boundaries fall back to a point?
I agree when boudaries fall beck you just die instantly.There should be more time to get back to your own lines.If you go forward to opposition spawn area I don't have a problem with that there is enough time to turn around when you get the warning.

Upvote 0
Whoop enemy captured a nearby point better kill myself. :(

Not realistic but then again you wouldn't like it if the enemy could just walk right in your spawn and kill you as ya load in.The problem is the way people play the maps not the maps them self.

As long as your in and around a defensive or an attacking zone your always safe from this......some defensive maps once the enemy caps you cant attack it back so you have to retreat to the next defended zone.Or they will just steam role the territory and you loose the match.(just like in RL)tactical withdraw sounds better to for me

Some good tip here on how to win at territory matches http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61254http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61254

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems to me it'd be most fair to simply teleport the player who gets caught in a recently expanded protected area back to their team's new spawn rather than outright killing them and costing their team reinforcements.

I agree on this and in the heat of battle it can be unforgiven .You just have to try to be aware when its lost and that it can't be recapped.An move to the nxt zone you get time when ya loose a cap before the players start spawning in and you get the insta kill.

Upvote 0