• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Nvidia "Threaded optimzation"

Turn off crossfire entirely.

Crossfire means multi-gpus...multithreading under the NVCP does not refer to multiple GPUs but rather application/API threads. You are giving incorrect advice.

PS...I don't think turning this feature off in the NVCP will help any. While the game is DX9 and while the DX9 API is single threaded, the game itself is multi-threaded, so in all likelihood you would see worse results in strenuous situations. If you do happen to turn this feature off and you notice a bump, it most likely is a driver bug. Try looking at newer or possibly beta Nvidia drivers or do a simple re-install of your current ones..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crossfire means multi-gpus...multithreading under the NVCP does not refer to multiple GPUs but rather application/API threads. You are giving incorrect advice.

PS...I don't think turning this feature off in the NVCP will help any. While the game is DX9 and while the DX9 API is single threaded, the game itself is multi-threaded, so in all likelihood you would see worse results in strenuous situations. If you do happen to turn this feature off and you notice a bump, it most likely is a driver bug. Try looking at newer or possibly beta Nvidia drivers or do a simple re-install of your current ones..

Caught that afterwards, you're right. I was a little mistaken on what that feature did on nvidia cards. There is no ATi equivalent.
However those with crossfire, best to disable it for now. Some serious work needs to be done on ATI and TWIs end to sure up the performance. I am really quite surprised none of the early beta testers did not have some of these cards that are just running like absolute crap now.

Upvote 0