• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Punkbuster made me cancel Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played games with this anti-cheat before. Each experience was more horrific than the last. I promised myself to never again pay for a product that had this game-ruining program included.

I urge you to inform yourself. It's not just hilariously ineffective, it's invasive and will hamper your gaming experience more than any hacker.

RO had it and I had no problems at all...

Upvote 0
I'm tired of people saying they are going to cancel their pre-order or try to get a refund on the game because of 1 or 2 features that do not cater to them specifically.

Newsflash : This game (and virtually every other game) are catered to a broad audience. If they were catered to you specifically, then you would be the only one playing as everyone else with your attitude would have gotten a refund.

Learn to play the game, learn its features, adapt to its playstyle. Sort of like getting a job. Do you quit because you had one bad day, or an annoying co-worker?

Upvote 0
Theirs good reason to have these Anti-Cheat programs. Think about it like the current situation with DRM in games. Developers don't want their games hacked and played for free. You can't stop talented people from hacking the game and playing it without paying, but you CAN stop the casual torrent downloader if it be for only the first week/month.

The point of these anti-cheats will always be to stop those who have no clue how to make a proper hack and will always get caught by system like PB/Vac. Without them you can guaranty any kid who gets enraged at a death streak will try to DL some aim bot and seek revenge on a server/player.

Even so, anti-cheat PB/Vac DO catch even the high end hackers who pay for their hack given time/updates. Even if this is a minor inconvenience to said hacker it's still a deterrent.

I've only experience minor issue's with PB once in a while and are easily fixed by running the updater outside of game, BIG DEAL! I know. Sometimes VAC fails to update and I just restart my game O LORD!. Better than bots running a much on every damn server I play on ruining countless hours of game time.

TLDR: OP is either A: A wannabe aimbotter B: Makes hacks and wants to sell them. C: Is delusional of the issue and for some reason seeks financial hardship on anticheat companies. D: A troll who just wants to bash a game on the forums cause hesucks @ it. But that's just like, my opinion man.

Upvote 0
I've never really had to use PB b4 for any game I played online, however there seems to be no end of people saying about false positives which is a little worrying (although it might just be the vocal minority I don't know :)).

Now I am just wondering can anyone who has been the victim of a false positive tell me how fast it was to get the problem sorted and name cleared, just want to make sure that should the worse happen (however unlikely it is) how much it will inconvenience me.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.